All pages can be edited and you are welcome to join us and contribute to this wiki. Everyone is free to create a new page or edit an existing one. If you have any questions about the wiki or helping out, you can ask one of the administrators of Avatar Wiki. We'll be happy to help! If you would like to consult with other users, the IRC Channel and the community forum are always a good option!
Sylwanin te Tskaha Mo'at'ite is the daughter of Eytukan and Mo'at and the older sister of Neytiri. She first appeared in James Cameron's Avatar: iPod/iPhone Game where she told the story of an avatar driver named Ryan Lorenz to Neytiri, who narrates the story to players of the app. In the final chapters of the story, Sylwanin is abducted by a human raiding party, and is eventually rescued in a heroic raid by Lorenz and a party of Na'vi.
- April 30, 2018
- During Avengers: Infinity War promo, Zoe Saldana says that motion capture on Avatar 2 and Avatar 3 is "just about done", with pre-production starting soon after on the live action portion. The live action portion will shoot in New Zealand for six months. She mentions overall production as approximately halfway done.
- February 13, 2018
- Richard Baneham, Amy Jupiter, David Lester, and Thrain Shadbolt win the Visual Effects Society award for Outstanding Visual Effects in a Special Venue Project for the Flight of Passage ride at Pandora: The World of Avatar.
- February 6, 2018
- David Thewlis, known for his role as Remus Lupin in the Harry Potter movies, confirms he's playing a Na'vi character in Avatar 3, 4, and 5 at the world premiere of The Mercy. He has already done some motion capture work for Avatar 3 with James Cameron in Los Angeles. Due to the secrecy of the sequels, he hasn't seen all of the scripts.
- Pandora: The World of Avatar has "...contributed to record attendance at Disney's Animal Kingdom and Walt Disney World overall...", as mentioned during the Walt Disney Company's Q1 2018 Earnings Conference Call.
- February 2, 2018
- Dark Horse gives a status update on future Avatar comic releases, saying "more James Cameron's Avatar is planned for later this year...Will announce details when we can."
- January 25, 2018
- Dileep Rao is confirmed to return as Max Patel in the Avatar sequels.
- December 19, 2017
- The bust for a new Na'vi character is shown, speculated to be one of Jake and Neytiri's children, in an article for Architectural Digest. The article features Avatar themed renovations to the Lightstorm Entertainment studio and offices in Manhattan Beach, California.
- December 14, 2017
- 21st Century Fox, the distributor of the Avatar franchise, is bought out by the Disney Corporation.
- December 6, 2017
- Penguin Random House enters a multi-year Avatar book publishing deal with Lightstorm Entertainment and 20th Century Fox Consumer Products. This deal involves books for kids and adults that "expand and enrich the Avatar universe". James Cameron will be involved in the development of the titles. The first books will be released in the leadup to Avatar 2 and further books will be released through and beyond the release of Avatar 5.
- November 14, 2017
- The first successful run of the underwater motion capture technology for the Avatar sequels takes place.
Latest Blog Posts
I've seen this concept art related to Avatar movie several times, but for some reason I've dismissed it as fan art, and never paid much attention to it. Eventually I was able to find such an image wi…Read more >
So, do you know if the new Avatar-Land opening in 2017 at AK in Disney World will have attractions based-around the original film, or the sequels?Read more >
It appears the long-awaited sequel to 2009's Avatar is *finally* heading into production! ComingSoon.net reports that principal photography for Avatar 2 is set to begin sometime this April, once agai…
Read more >