Box Office NewsEdit
As of Jan 1st, according to an article at collider.com , Avatar is passing the $800 million mark worldwide, and expectations are that it will easily clear the $1 billion hurdle days after that. Truly awesome if you ask me. Who knew the whole world was ready for blue tailed people! I wonder what the chances are Avatar will overtake Titanic (about $1.8B) in worldwide earnings? Kxetse a-ean 10:10, January 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Jan 3 update: Avatar at $352M in the US, $670M internationally, just over $1B worldwide. Kxetse a-ean 20:37, January 3, 2010 (UTC)
Well, my hope is that Avatar will eventually become as popular and iconic as "Star wars" or "Lord of the rings". --Doryban 12:27, January 2, 2010 (UTC)
They do say what Star Wars did for the 70's, is what Avatar did for last year, in terms of special effects. Wormulon 13:51, January 2, 2010 (UTC)
yea, i agree...i want this movie to become saga that we never forget...
if the next one is anyway near as good as this one It'll be a film to remember! only problem is that James Cameron is gonna have a hell of a job satisfying people after the stunning performance of Avatar Tsmukan
That's true... there's actually nowhere the plot can go from here, i think. if there is, it would just be "the humans return" -_-.
Apparently Cameron plans to continue the love story between Jake and Neytiri, but I think there has to be some action or it will not appeal to as wide an audience as Avatar Tsmukan
cant wait for Avatar 2
DVD / Blu-Ray Release Edit
I would like to say that if anybody would just listen to me the dates for the releases are the following :
1 . April 22nd 2010 = DVD and Blu-Ray theatrical version
2 . November 2010 = Extended Version in BOTH Blu-Ray and DVD
3 . 2011 = 3D Version just in Blu-Ray
- "And then we’ll do a value-added DVD and a 3-D Blu-ray in I think November sometime."
- There are two ways in which you can understand this sentence: "And then we’ll do a value-added DVD (sometime) and a 3-D Blu-ray in November." or "And then we’ll do a value-added DVD in November and a 3-D Blu-ray in November."
- Combined with the contradiction of the Fox Home Entertainment spokesman who said it won't be release in November (and considering that his reason does not make any sense because the 3D Blu-ray specifications are final), this can lead to various different conclusions:
- A special edition DVD will be released in November, the cinema version 3D too, and a special 3D edition in 2011 (does not really make sense, but it's Fox...)
- A special edition DVD and special edition 3D Blu-ray will be released together in November or in 2011 (remember: 3D Blu-ray + non-3D Blu-ray player = 2D movie, so it seems likely both versions will be released on the same date)
- A 3D Blu-ray cinema version will be released in November, Special Edition DVD and 3D Blu-ray in 2011
- Nothing will be released in November (unlikely)
- There's another truth
- Place your bets... Faern. 3D-HD-Pics 19:39, February 25, 2010 (UTC)