The Avatar franchise is the result of over forty years of artistic development on the part of James Cameron and his team; below is a detailed timeline of this progression. The most recent entries here are also available on the news column on the home page of this wiki.
James Cameron writes a short film script entitled "Chrysalis", about a wheel-chair user who has all sensory input surgically removed and undertakes an inward journey across an alien landscape.
Cameron produces a pencil sketch entitled "Exploring the Exotic Environment of a Luminous Planet". The sketch shows a male and female character on an alien planet and a tree with a spiral shape. The tree in the drawing became the basis for the helicoradian, and the "brain coral floor" went on to become the basis for the area around the Tree of Souls. Cameron also made a series of paintings, showing "jagged, vertical mountains or cliffs wreathed by clouds and mist". These paintings contain "material that was not used in the Avatar film but may be used in Avatar sequels". Cameron also completes his first short film, Xenogenesis. Many themes that would later appear in Avatar existed in the film, including an early Fan Lizard, a glowing willow tree and bioluminescent moss.
James Cameron paints of "A tall, thin woman with blue skin, who is wearing skin-tight purple pants", on a plain of "magenta grass". This would later influence the design of Neytiri, who does indeed wear such garb during the film. The plains also went on to become the basis for the area inhabited by the Horse Clan of the Plains.
Cameron writes the script for Mother, a film where humans have exhausted Earth's resources and hunt for a new planet, spearheaded by a mining corporation. They use "Xenomorphs", genetically engineered servants who can cope with the harsh atmosphere. The film would have even included an early version of the Thanator, under the name "Skraath". Cameron later used the name "Xenomorph" for the creatures in the Alien franchise.
Cameron writes the script for Rambo: First Blood Part II, a film set in the jungles of Vietnam. The Russian "Hind D" heavy gunships in the film would go on to influence the design of the aircraft in Avatar. Cameron also starts writing the script for Aliens around this time.
That May, Cameron completes the script for Aliens. Casting calls go out for Aliens. Stephen Lang auditioned for one of the marines but is ultimately rejected; however Cameron recalled this interview while looking for actors to play Quaritch during pre-production of Avatar.
Cameron writes the script for Wind Warriors, a traditional jungle-adventure story where native warriors are forced to defend their land from gas-masked mercenaries seeking a precious metal. The film was never made.
Terminator 2 launches, a film considered groundbreaking for its use of CG characters. This is one of James Cameron's first serious uses of the technique.
Cameron signs a $500 million deal with Fox to create twelve more movies with the company, a move that would see lasting collaboration throughout the 90s and 2000s.
James Cameron writes an 80 page script treatment for Project 880, and shows it to Jon Landau while they are working on Titanic. For the next two years, a series of meetings with Lightstorm and Digital Domain take place to discuss the technological aspect.
- 21: Disney unveils plans for a theme park called 'Wild Animal Kingdom', later shortened to just "Animal Kingdom", to be opened in 1998, which included plans for an area based on mythological creatures. While the original plan was never realized, the concept would eventually evolve into Pandora: The World of Avatar.
Copies of Project 880 are sent to 20th Century Fox for initial development.
Terminator 2-3D launches in Florida, one of James Cameron's first forays into 3D film.
- Cameron announces that he will film Project 880 after Titanic, and will make use of computer-generated actors.
- 1: Titanic is released. This film featured collaboration between James Cameron, James Horner, Jon Landau and Deborah L. Scott, all of whom would go on to work together in Avatar.
Around this time, Project 880 is delayed, because the technology simply wasn't there yet.
James Cameron produces a short named Brother Termite, involving an alien character animated with motion capture. This was one of the factors convincing him that the technology had progressed enough and that Avatar might be possible to produce.
While talking about a potential Battle Angel film, James Cameron states that he is "going to do everything in 3D now."
- Rob Legato shows Cameron and Landau tests that he had created with a "virtual camera". Cameron goes back over the Project 880 script and begins revamping it.
- 16: VisitPandora.com, discoverpandora.com, and explorepandora.com are registered by Twentieth Century Fox.
- 2: AvatarMovie.com] is registered by Twentieth Century Fox.
- 14: The Hollywood Reporter makes the first official announcement of the first film, under the name Project 880.
- 15: Rumours surface that Project 880 will be shot before Battle Angel. While only rumours at this point, they would ultimately be accurate.
- James Cameron decides to make Project 880 before Battle Angel.
- 30: Shooting for the Avatar Prototype begins, using temporary actors Yunjin Kim and Daniel Bess as Neytiri and Jake Sully, respectively.
- 7: A casting call for "a young woman with graceful movements" goes out. Rumours circulate about a Battle Angel project, but this is of course the call for the part of Neytiri.
- 20: IGN (accurately) speculates that the recent casting call is in fact for Project 880, and not Battle Angel.
- ILM completes the VFX for the prototype.
- The first draft of the Avatar script is completed.
- 29: Further casting calls goes out, with a brief plot description. That summer, Sam Worthington is informed that he had been chosen while he is out snowboarding.
- 3: Joe Letteri and Weta Digital sign on to produce the visual effects for the film.
- Avatar is greenlit.
- 7: Entertainment Weekly interviews James Cameron, discussing the budget of the movie.
- Several practice shots are completed in Hawaii, to allow the actors to get a feel for the natural environment.
- 17: MTV announces numerous actors who have been signed for the film, including Sigourney Weaver, CCH Pounder and Joel Moore.
- 23: An initial release date of May 22nd 2009 is announced.
- Principal photography for the first film begins.
- 30: During an interview with IGN about her role in The Shield, CCH Pounder discusses her role as Mo'at.
- 17: Laz Alonso is interviewed at the premiere of Captivity, but would not reveal details on the movie, saying that he had to sign something to swear secrecy. He did go on to praise the visual effects of the film, and the actors he would be working with. Avatar's release date is brought forward one week to May 15th 2009, in order to avoid clashing with the release of Monsters vs. Aliens.
- 25: It is announced that Ubisoft would be producing the computer game, with an initial release date of May 2009.
- 24: Live action shooting begins in New Zealand.
- 3: Cameron writes a letter to film critic Harry Knowles, dispelling rumours over the alleged piece of artwork showing a Na'vi.
- 12: Avatar's release is delayed from May to December 2009.
- 22: James Cameron gives an update on the progress the movie has had, saying that "The Weta animators are ON FIRE".
- 5: Live action shooting is completed.
- 15: James Cameron discusses Avatar on The Hour, expressing the difficulties with the large CG world.
- 29: Jon Favreau discusses the 3D pipeline for Avatar in an interview with Ain't it Cool News.
- 6: It is announced that Avatar will be released in IMAX format.
- 22: The first on-set photograph is released.
- 29: James Cameron is interviewed at the Australians in Film Awards, discussing his choice of Sam Worthington. "He's an old-school tough guy, and that's what I needed for this film."
- 11: The 2010 Wall Calendar is released; one of the first pieces of merchandise available for the franchise.
- 20: Avatar Wiki is launched.
- 23: Jon Landau, Zoe Saldana, Stephen Lang, and Sigourney Weaver are interviewed in a panel at the San Diego Comic-Con. The official Avatar Twitter launches.
- 6: The official Brazilian website, Twitter, and Orkut profile for Avatar launches.
- 10: In a lengthy interview, Cameron describes the movie as a doorway to the unknown.
- 21: The first trailer of the film is released.
- 23: Details on the the upcoming games are released.
- 2: James Cameron speaks with the Daily Inquirer, stating that the film is 100% edited by that point, and that all remained was some of the visual effects.
- 29: Jon Landau provides one of the first ever hints at sequels to Avatar, in a talk with French magazine Le Film.
- 1: The Art of Avatar: James Cameron's Epic Adventure is released in the USA.
- 16: James Cameron's Avatar: The Movie Scrapbook is released in Canada.
- 17: A demo version of the upcoming PC Game is released online.
- 24: The Art book is released in the United Kingdom, and the Movie Scrapbook is released in the USA. The Na'vi Quest, a children's novelization of the film, is also released along with a Sticker Book.
- 28: Post production is completed.
- 1: James Cameron's Avatar: The Game is released on PC/Xbox/PS3, along with the Activist Survival Guide.
- 2: Avatar: The Mobile Game is released.
- 3: I See You is released as a CD single. James Cameron and the principal cast are interviewed via livestream as part of their Coca Cola promotion.
- 4: The Nintendo DS version of the game is released.
- 8: The PSP version of the game is released.
- 10: The film premieres in London, and Pandora Discovered is released.
- 11: The Original Soundtrack is released digitally. AVTR Advanced Team is launched, in partnership with Coca Cola, and Pandora ROVR is launched in partnership with McDonalds.
- 15: The soundtrack goes on sale in CD format.
- 18: Avatar is released worldwide.
- 27: Avatar sets the world record for the highest box office gross earned in a single weekend.
- 29: Joe Letteri discusses his role in the CG work for the film with The Wrap. James Cameron also suggests that the sequels could take place on the other moons of Polyphemus.
- 30: Avatar's gross hits $700,000,000 dollars after just 12 days.
- 31: President Obama watches the film with his family.
- 3: Rick Carter and Robert Stromberg are awarded 'Best Production Design' by the National Society of Film Critics for their work on Avatar.
- 4: Avatar's worldwide gross crosses the $1 billion mark in a record 17 days, smashing the previous record of 197 days set by The Dark Knight. It is also the first science fiction movie to do so.
- 15: In an interview, Cameron answers a lengthy Q&A on the film.
- 17: Avatar is awarded two Golden Globes: Best Director (James Cameron) and Best Motion Picture Drama.
- 19: Avatar's US gross passes the $500 million mark in 32 days, beating the previous record of 45 days.
- 25: The tourism bureau of Zhangjiajie in Hunan announces that 南天一柱, "South Pillar of the Heaven", a Chinese mountain, has been renamed to 哈利路亚山, "Avatar Hallelujah Mountain".
- 26: Box office figures of the film pass Titanic, making Avatar the most successful film of all time.
- 1: A Musical Score book is released.
- 2: Avatar is nominated for nine Academy Awards, including Best Picture and Best Director (James Cameron).
- 19: In an interview with the Wall Street Journal, Cameron reveals that the DVD will be released on Earth Day.
- 21: Avatar recieves two BAFTA awards, for Best Special Video Effects and Best Production Design.
- 1: A simplified version of the Piano score is released.
- 7: Avatar is awarded three Academy Awards at the 82nd Academy Awards ceremony in Hollywood. It becomes the first 3D movie to win the Best Cinematography Oscar.
- 12: Cameron appears in Brazil at a Belo Monte Dam protest.
- 16: Three Na'vi morphing stations are installed at The Grove, Los Angeles.
- 19: The Deluxe edition of the soundtrack is released.
- 20: CCH Pounder is interviewed by Movie Web, and discusses the sequel. Meanwhile, James Cameron confirms that the sequel will explore the oceans of Pandora.
- 22: The first DVD version of the film is released, and James Cameron announces the Avatar Home Tree Initiative, which aims to plant one million trees worldwide.
- 24: A giant interactive replica of the Tree of Souls is unveiled by Stephen Lang in Hyde Park, London, in support of the DVD release.
- 25: Avatar breaks the record for DVD and Blu-ray sales, with 6.7 million copies being sold in the first four days. The record was originally held by The Dark Knight.
- 26: The Tree of Souls replica is closed.
- 11: Avatar breaks the record for Blu-ray sales in the United Kingdom, overtaking The Dark Knight's 490,633 sales.
- 24: Avatar receives ten Saturn awards. In addition, James Cameron personally received the visionary award.
- 1: The 2011 Wall Calendar is released.
- 8: Avatar and its cast wins three Teen Choice awards, including best Sci-Fi movie, with best Sci-Fi actor and actress going to Worthington and Saldana, respectively.
- 27: The Special Edition of the film is released theatrically, with 9 minutes of never-before-seen footage. The James Cameron's Avatar Pinball game is released.
- 1: The Avatar 3D Annual 2011 is released by Pedigree Books
- 18: It is announced that Cameron plans on filming the sequel in Challenger Deep, 6.8 miles beneath the surface of the ocean. While James Cameron ultimately does do this dive, he later considered this work unrelated to the film.
- 1: The Making of Avatar is released.
- 11: The official Brazilian Avatar Facebook page launches in the leadup to 3D and IMAX screenings of the Special Edition on October 15th.
- 16: At the Scream Awards, Avatar wins the "Best FX" award and Cameron wins "Best Director"
- 17: at the Environmental Media awards, Avatar wins in the Feature Film category.
- 27: James Cameron is interviewed in San Jose, and discusses how the second and third films will be shot at a higher framerate.
- 10: The final design (v1.1) of the limited edition pinball machine is completed.
- 12: Jon Landau speaks to Empire Magazine on Avatar 3, stating that it is more likely to remain on Pandora rather than explore other worlds of the Alpha Centauri System.
- 15: The Avatar: Collector's Vault 3D is released.
- 16: The Extended Collector's Edition of the film is released on Blu-ray and DVD.
- 23: The limited edition pinball machine is unveiled to the public. Only 250 Avatar LE pinball machines were made.
- 1: The first 3D Blu-ray discs are released, limited to a bundle deal with Panasonic 3D TVs.
- 6: Cameron announces that "Avatar: The Exhibition" will open in June 2011 in Seattle.
- 18: Sam Worthington is interviewed by Moviefone on the set of "Man on a Ledge". He mentions that Cameron has already explained a few ideas for the sequel, but has yet to write the script.
- 19: The Avatar Home Tree Initiative reaches its target of planting one million trees worldwide.
- 24: Cameron announces general release dates for the second and third films; around Christmas of 2014 and 15 respectively.
- 30: The Avatar: Collector Chess Set is released by The Noble Collection.
- 31: In an interview with the Wall Street Journal, Cameron stated that the use of higher framerate in the sequels will partially be to reduce the sickness that some people experience while watching 3D films.
- 26: In an interview, James Cameron hints at a possible 3D MMORPG set in the Avatar universe.
- 1: The 2012 Wall Calendar is released.
- 9: James Cameron and Jon Landau announce that Kathy Franklin has been hired as President of Franchise Development at Lightstorm Entertainment.
- 12: In an interview, Sam Worthington reaffirms that the Avatar Novel is still under production.
- 16: In an interview, Sigourney Weaver confirms her return in Avatar 2.
- 21: Disney announce that it is developing an Avatar area in their Orlando theme park, with construction beginning in 2013. James Cameron confirms that the novel is still in development, but is taking time.
- 11: In an interview with ABC News, James Cameron discusses how Avatar 2 would be more focused on oceanic environmental issues rather than the broader environmentalist scope of the first film.
- 9: Former Lightstorm employee Eric Ryder launches a lawsuit claiming that the idea for Avatar came from K.R.Z. 2068, a film he worked on.
- 13: Morawski files an action against James Cameron, which sparks a year-long lawsuit.
- 20: Screenwriter Bryant Moore attempts to sue James Cameron over claims that the film was influenced by his scripts Aquatica and Descendents.
- 6: Sam Worthington is interviewed by MTV, expressing his nervousness about scuba diving and shooting underwater.
- 11: Jon Landau announces that Avatar 2 won't be ready for another four years, pushing the release date back to 2016 or possibly Christmas 2015.
- 26: Elijah Schkeiban, author of "Bats and Butterflies", starts a court case claiming that James Cameron used his story.
- 8: James Cameron completes an 8km deep test dive off the coast of Papua New Guinea in his new craft, Deep Sea Challenger.
- 26: Cameron dives to the bottom of the Marianas Trench, the deepest point on earth.
- 30: The dive is discussed in an interview, and Cameron also mentions that Avatar 2 will be influenced by Micronesian "Master Navigator" culture.
- 4: Jon Landau reveals a few more details on Avatar 2 in an interview, particularly the appearance of "serious sub-sea hardware".
- 19: The Science of Avatar is released.
- 6: James Cameron hints at a possible Avatar 4 in an interview, also stating that Battle Angel and his other projects were being put on the back burner so that he could work on the Avatar series.
- 26: Sigourney Weaver confirms her appearance in the possible fourth film, and also suggests that the sequels would begin simultaneous shooting in the autumn.
- 10: James Cameron reveals that Avatar will be released on 3D Blu-ray. The disks had previously only been available in bundle with certain 3D TVs and Blu-ray players. Also in the video was some kind of RDA commercial, mainly utilizing footage from the first film.
- 14: Release dates for the limited 3D edition are announced, set for October 16th in the US and October 15th in other regions.
- 3: As scheduled, Avatar: The Exhibition closes.
- 8: Cameron reveals that the recently announced fourth film will in fact be a prequel, most likely chronicling the initial colonization of Pandora 25-35 years before the events of the first film.
- 10: Cameron comments on the progress on the scripts, and stated that pre-production is expected to begin in January 2013.
- 17: The Schkeiban vs Cameron case concludes in Cameron's favour. The judge ruled that "'Bats and Butterflies'... lacks the depth and complexity of the moods expressed in 'Avatar,'"
- 6: In response to criticism about the power consumption and environmental impact of the first film's production, James Cameron has the roof of their studio coated with nearly a megawatt of solar panels. He also pledged to donate a portion of the sequels' profits to environmental causes.
- 9: Dileep Rao is asked about Avatar 2 on the set of Broken Kingdom.
- 11: The exhibition opens in Kitchener, Ontario.
- 16: The Limited 3D edition is released.
- 17: Disney Park Chairman Tom Staggs dispels rumours of the cancellation of Avatar land in an interview.
- 20: Cirque du Soleil releases Worlds Away, a 3D film that saw collaboration between them and James Cameron. This partnership would ultimately lead to the development of Toruk - The First Flight.
- 31: Cameron completes a declaration explaining the origins of his ideas in Avatar.
- 5: National Geographic interview James Cameron about his dive that March.
- 10: James Cameron's declaration is released publicly, detailing his inspirations and ideas for Avatar and how they stemmed from forty years of filmmaking and personal experience.
- 13: Avatar becomes the first film to sell over a million blu-rays in the United Kingdom. The exhibition closes in Kitchener Ontario.
- 6: The Morawski-Cameron case concludes in Cameron's favour, judges ruling the premise for Avatar was original and not based on Morawski's film concept from 1991.
- 9: Avatar: The Exhibition opens at its new home at Liberty Science Centre, New Jersey, exclusively to members.
- 11: Cameron resigns from RealD in order to spend more time on filmmaking.
- 16: Avatar: The Exhibition opens to the public. It is scheduled to remain until May 19th.
- 11: Play Goes Strong interview Cameron; as of this point he is still writing the scripts for the second and third films from a farm in Wairarapa, New Zealand. Research and development is "firing on all cylinders".
- 26: Cameron announces that his sub, the Deepsea Challenger is being donated to the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution.
- 19: Avatar: The Exhibition closes as scheduled.
- 22: The exhibition opens at its new home at the Children's Museum, Indianapolis.
- 30: The British artist Roger Dean attempts to sue James Cameron over claims that Avatar used ideas from his paintings. Dean produced album art in the 1970s featuring floating islands, stone arches and airborne banshee-like creatures.
- 1: The previously announced fourth film is confirmed, and the screenwriters are announced for the three Avatar sequels. They are Josh Friedman, Rick Jaffa & Amanda Silver, and Shane Salerno. The films are pushed back a year, to 2016, 2017 and 2018 respectively.
- 9: Details of Avatar Land are teased at the D23 expo.
- 22: Steven Gould is signed to write four Avatar novels.
- 22: The exhibition closes in Indianapolis.
- 3: The Eric Ryder case concludes in Cameron's favor.
- 12: Concepts and models of Disney's Avatar Land are unveiled.
- 13: A video is presented to the D23 audience in Tokyo, revealing behind the scenes footage of Avatar Land, and a brief glimpse at the set of Avatar 2.
- 23: Stephen Lang is confirmed to appear in the three sequels.
- 26: The exhibition opens in the Henry Ford Museum, Dearborn, Michigan.
- 10: Disney begins construction of Avatar Land, with a small ceremony and a photoshoot.
- 15: Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldana are confirmed for a fourth movie.
- 18: Molecular Biologist Alexander Krichevsky creates a bioluminescent plant, which he titles "Starlight Avatar"
- 19: In an interview with MTV, Saldana states that the scripts for the three sequels are not yet finished. "Jim took us and gave us a tour of all the reference pictures, telling us the stories. I haven't been able to read the scripts. They're still working on them."
- 26: The exhibition closes in Michigan.
- 1: The exhibition re-opens back at its original home in Seattle.
- 29: A partnership is formed between James Cameron and Cirque du Soleil, in order to produce a live show based on the Avatar franchise. This project would emerge in November 2015 as 'Toruk - The First Flight'.
- 20: Jim Gianopulos, chairman of 20th Century Fox, discusses his excitement about the oncoming challenges for the Avatar trilogy. Rumours place the combined budget of the next three films at around one billion dollars.
The exhibition closes for the last time, back at its home in Seattle.
- 1: Paleontologists discover a fossil of a then-unknown species of Pterosaur, and named it 'Ikrandraco Avatar' over the similarity between it and the creature from the Avatar franchise.
- 15: Douglas Trunbull discusses the possibility of Avatar 2 and 3 being displayed at framerates as high as 120fps using his projection system known as MAGI.
- 17: Roger Dean's case against James Cameron is dismissed by the judge. According to THR, the judge described several of the claims as "misguided".
- 30: Cameron confirms that the sequel will not visit other moons or planets in the ACA system.
- 30: In an interview with Empire, James Cameron describes the sequels with some colourful language, stating "They're gonna be bitchin'. You will sh-t yourself with your mouth wide open."
- 23: Joe Letteri describes the Avatar sequel as the most ambitious project he has ever worked on. As of this point, Weta is still busy with the infrastructure of the film, and the underwater motion capture technology is still at the drawing board level.
- 14: Concept art for the upcoming iOS and Android game is teased on the official facebook page.
- 15: Avatar 2 is delayed until 2017, with James Cameron citing the story-writing process as becoming "very involved". This presumably delays further sequels as well, as Avatar 3 had also been scheduled for that year.
- 19: The game Avatar: Warrior's Journey is formally announced, for iOS and Android devices.
- 4: A coordinated social media "reboot" is announced, with the Avatar Facebook serving as a hub for content from across Avatar social media, including its own posts. The introduction of The Sounds of Pandora Soundcloud and the Learn Na'vi Instagram is announced. Four years and one day after its last post on Feb 3, 2011, the official Avatar Twitter relaunches. The official Avatar Tumblr launches, featuring exclusive concept art. The official Avatar Pinterest, Ultimate Pandora also launches, featuring screenshots from the film.
- 5: The Sounds of Pandora launches, a Soundcloud channel that presents tips on pronunciation for the Na'vi language. An Instagram mirror account, Learn Na'vi, launches the same day.
- 11: Morawski attempts to appeal against the ruling in his case.
- 26: The first footage from the development of Avatar Land is released, showcasing bioluminescent flora.
- 28: In an interview on the Jonathan Ross Show, Sigourney Weaver states that she will not be playing the same character in the sequel.
- 14: Another legal challenge emerges, with Chechen author Ruslan Zakriyev claiming that Avatar's story was derived from his 2002 novel Sekretnoye Oruzhiye.
- 16: Morawski's appeal is rejected.
- 23: The Avatar - Global Exhibition is officially unveiled.
- 28: Jon Landau is interviewed after Titanic Live, and discusses the need for each Avatar film to stand alone on its own merit, while weaving into a larger arc. At the same event, James Horner confirms his continued involvement in the franchise.
- 29: The live show Toruk - The First Flight is officially unveiled.
- 30: A behind the scenes video for Toruk is launched, showing footage from their acrobatics tests in February.
- 12: A promotional website for Toruk - The First Flight goes live, featuring the first appearance of the Kekunan Clan.
- 19: The Warrior's Journey Beta is released for iOS.
- 22: The Warrior's Journey Beta is released for Android.
- 3: Lightstorm and Fox sign a deal with HP related to an 'Avatar Digital Experience'.
- 10: 20th Century Fox CEO Jim Gianopulos describes visiting the set of the film. "It’s a room…which is covered floor to ceiling with images, characters, worlds, settings. It’s the most amazing, breathtaking thing you’ve ever seen."
- 14: Jurassic World breaks Avatar's world record for top box office gross earned in a single weekend. The record was previously set in December 2009. Booster Pack release a behind the scenes video for their Avatar title, confirming that it is still in Beta.
- 15: Cirque du Soleil confirms that Toruk - The First Flight will tour China in 2017.
- 22: James Horner dies in a plane crash in California. He had previously planned to work on the sequels.
- 23: Cameron and Landau release a joint statement expressing their sadness at Horner's death. "James's music was the air under the banshees' wings, the ancient song of the forest, and the heartbeat of Eywa."
- 15: Further details on Pandora: The World of Avatar are unveiled at the D23 expo that year.
- 17: A small exhibition of concept art for the theme park attraction is displayed at the expo, revealing advertising for a company named Alpha Centauri Expeditions.
- 28: A number of news websites including the Hollywood Reporter and IGN are fooled by a leaked art hoax, depicting a female Na'vi from the second film. Deadline eventually announces that the 'leak' was in fact just a concept from the first film, posted by a fake Jon Landau Twitter account. The account was later removed.
- 6: Cirque du Soleil hold a Na'vi makeover booth at New York Comic-con, in support of the upcoming play.
- 9: James Cameron unveils a Dark Horse comic book series set in the Avatar Universe. The comics will be set "before, during, and after the events of the original film.”
- 26: More dates for Toruk - The First Flight are confirmed, including an August 2016 performance in Chicago.
- 28: Cirque du Soleil hold a media-only premiere for Toruk.
- 12: Toruk premieres in Bossier City, Louisiana.
- 20: The first floating mountain is raised during the construction of Pandora: The World of Avatar
- 27: A promotional ticket-giveaway for Toruk is enacted, with a quiz on Facebook.
- 4: An interview with James Cameron and other staff from Toruk goes up on Facebook. The interview confirms a rough date for the story of 837 BC.
- 11: Cameron gives a small update on the progress with the sequels, stating that while small refinements on the scripts are still taking place, "the characters, settings and creatures are all pretty much [set]".
- 21: Toruk has its Canadian debut in Montreal, Quebec.
- 6: Avatar's United States box office record is broken by Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Avatar still however holds the record for the global box office.
- 17: The Toruk - The First Flight shows at the Centre Videotron, Quebec conclude. The recordings of the event will be released as a DVD at some point in the future.
- 22: Toruk returns to the United States, with a week of performances in Auburn Hills, Michigan. A soundtrack is also announced in the form of an iTunes release.
- 23: Avatar 2 and the other sequels are delayed by six months, possibly due to a scheduling conflict between it and Star Wars- Episode VIII. Avatar 2 is scheduled for Summer 2018.
- 2: It is announced that Avatar 2 is to begin filming in April.
- 5: The Toruk - The First Flight Soundtrack is released on iTunes.
- 17: Episode 7 of the Cirque du Soliel video series Great is the Detail is released, focusing around the puppet work for Toruk.
- 27: Toruk - The First Flight has its 100th show.
- 31: In anticipation of upcoming shows in Kansas City, several members of the Toruk cast perform around the city center, in full costume.
- 14: Avatar 5 is announced, aimed for Christmas 2023, along with a new schedule for the other three sequels' release dates. Avatar 2 is delayed by six months to Christmas 2018, with Avatar 3 and 4 pushed back eighteen months to Christmas 2020 and 2022, respectively.
- 15: Toruk - The First Flight's performances in Raleigh are cancelled in response to North Carolina's HB2 legislation, which many view as being discriminatory. A number of other events and performances in North Carolina were cancelled by both Cirque and other organizations in response to the bill.
- 28: Imagineer Joe Rohde showcases a few of the props for Pandora: The World of Avatar on the Disney Parks blog.
- 13: A Disney patent for "user interactive living organisms", filed on March 15, 2013, is published. While the patent makes no mention of Avatar, the patent's description of plant life interactivity leads to media speculation of it being connected to Pandora: The World of Avatar.
- 17: A "Toruk Zone" opens at Denver Comic-Con, featuring Na'vi morphing stations and live make-up demonstrations.
- 29: Gamespot revealed that Kabam is developing a new Avatar MMO, for mobiles.
- 23: Cameron briefly discusses Avatar at Comic-Con, discussing how the project moved from a trilogy to a pentalogy.
- 24: Infiniteer Adventures reveals that Jake Sully and Neytiri figures were considered for Disney Infinity 3.0 before its cancellation, along with previously unseen concept art.
- 29: Stephen Lang states that the second film is still on track for the 2018 release date.
- 19: Avatar: Discover Pandora's global premiere is announced, with Taipei, Taiwan being the first city to host the exhibition for three months. The exhibition is set to launch on December 7 with ticket sales starting on September 20. The official Facebook page, Twitter account and Taiwanese Instagram account for the exhibit launch.
- 22: An official English Instagram account for Avatar: Discover Pandora aimed towards fans in the US launches.
- 30: An internal casting call goes out at Disney regarding Pandora: The World of Avatar. Details of the call reveals the concern about creating an immersive experience, like requiring the cast to learn Na'vi.
- 4: Toruk announces a short tour leg in Mexico during 2017, starting with Guadalajara in February.
- 2: To promote Avatar: Discover Pandora, Avatar.com stops redirecting to the main Avatar movie site, AvatarMovie.com. Avatar.com becomes the homepage for the Pandoran Research Foundation. Exhibit goers can create an Avatar network account to take a profile questionnaire and earn badges while exploring the exhibit. The site also advertises Toruk - The First Flight and Pandora: The World of Avatar.
- 7: Avatar: Discover Pandora opens in Taipei, starting a five-year global tour.
- 10: In an interview with Superhero Hype, Sigourney Weaver mentions seeing three of the four scripts for the upcoming sequels. She also mentions James Cameron shooting "experimental" footage that might not make it to the official film releases.
- 12: The first publicly observed projection mapping test takes place on the Hallelujah Mountains in Pandora: The World of Avatar.
- 13: Dark Horse reveals a special Free Comic Book Day 2017 issue of their upcoming Avatar comic, written by Sherri L. Smith, illustrated by Doug Wheatley and colored by Wes Dzioba. The Dark Horse line of Avatar comics and graphic novels is set to launch with the May 2017 FCBD issue, with a greater rollout announced for late 2017.
- 22: Avatar makes its first appearance in the Animal Kingdom nighttime show, Tree of Life Awakenings. The brief segment features a Great Leonopteryx flying past a waterfall, with floating woodsprites serving as a transition to the next scene.
- 25: A behind the scenes preview of Pandora: The World of Avatar premieres during the television airing of Disney Parks Magical Christmas Celebration. Disney Parks posts the clip onto their YouTube channel.
- 26: Another projection mapping test takes place in Pandora: The World of Avatar on the Hallelujah Mountains. The projection mapping is speculated by WDW News Today to be part of a future nighttime show.
- 29: James Cameron confirms in an interview with The Daily Beast that Avatar sequel motion capture starts in August. More active production will be taking place this year, with the motion capture volume already up & running and design work completed. He also confirms that the scripts for the Avatar sequels are complete, with Avatar 5 being the most recently finished.
- 31: The revised cover and first two pages of the Free Comic Book Day 2017 issue of the upcoming Dark Horse Avatar comic series are previewed on Mashable.
- 2: A leaked screencap from footage of Disney Imagineers testing the Flight of Passage ride from Pandora: The World of Avatar appears online. Instead of a ride vehicle that seats large crowds of people at the same time, Flight of Passage has a two rider only vehicle that resembles a banshee as seen in the films. The image shows two people on the banshee ride vehicle with the attraction's projection screen in front of them.
- 5: Jon Landau is interviewed during Super Bowl LI's pre-game show on Fox, promoting Pandora: The World of Avatar. Close-up shots of the attraction's environment are shown, including waterfalls on the Hallelujah Mountains and the bioluminescence at night.
- 7: The May 27, 2017 opening date for Pandora: The World of Avatar is announced by Disney. The news was first revealed by CEO Bob Iger on The Walt Disney Company's Quarter 1 Fiscal Year 2017 Earnings call with public announcements following soon after. VisitPandora.com, the Visit Pandora Twitter, and the Visit Pandora Instagram launch.
- 8: Lightstorm Entertainment present a grant of $2495 to LearnNavi (a site devoted to the Na'vi Language) in order for them to purchase a new server to host the site.
- 13: Sam Worthington discusses Avatar 2 during an interview with We Got This Covered while doing press for The Shack. He confirms that the sequels will still be shot concurrently, filming will start in 2017, and that Avatar 2 will have a family narrative. He also mentions Avatar 2 being set eight years after the original film and that he's read the scripts for Avatar 2-5. The first TV ad for Pandora: The World of Avatar starts airing. The ad focuses on the Flight of Passage ride but has no footage from it, instead using clips of banshees from the first movie.
- 19: The second TV ad for Pandora: The World of Avatar starts airing. Unlike the previous ad, the second ad focuses and includes footage from the Na'vi River Journey ride.
- 21: Disney releases a video featuring Imagineer Joe Rohde explaining how Pandora: The World of Avatar fits thematically within Disney's Animal Kingdom. Rohde explains that the first Avatar movie and the Animal Kingdom park share the same environmental, transformative, and educational themes.
- 26: Casting site My Entertainment World confirms that filming for Avatar 2 starts August 15th, 2017 in Manhattan Beach, California.
- A new ad for Pandora: The World of Avatar airs during the 89th Academy Awards. Released online earlier in the day, the ad features guests walking through Pandora and an appearance by James Cameron.
- 28: A new Avatar game for PC and consoles is announced. Ubisoft's Massive Entertainment studio leads the development in collaboration with Lightstorm Entertainment and Fox Interactive.
- 2: Walt Disney World starts selling the first in a set of five limited edition Pandora: The World of Avatar. The pins are based off of the travel posters, designed by Avatar concept artist Dylan Cole, that decorate the construction entrance of the attraction. The pins are the first ever Avatar merchandise to be sold at the park.
- 3: Responding to questions from PC Gamer, Ubisoft confirms that work on the new Avatar Project will not be at the cost of continued development for The Division. New Na'vi River Journey footage is revealed on Visit Pandora. More details about Flight of Passage are mentioned by James Cameron in an interview for Disney's annual passholder newsletter. Cameron mentions that guests on the ride are lead by an experienced Na'vi riding ahead and hints at an encounter with a toruk.
- 9: Good Morning America, The View, The Chew, and Nightline on ABC, owned by Disney, air sneak peek segments of Pandora: The World of Avatar.
- 24: Signups for Walt Disney World Annual Passholder/Disney Vacation Club previews of Pandora: The World of Avatar take place. The previews will take place from May 13 to May 22.
- 26: Toruk- The First Flight concludes its North American tour with a final showing in Dayton, Ohio. The crew begin preparations for the Asian leg in the summer.
- 4: Press outlets start getting media invites for Pandora: The World of Avatar. The package press members receive include a video invitation, an itinerary, and a field guide.
- 5: Music on Vinyl's movie soundtrack imprint, At the Movies, announces that the first Avatar film's soundtrack will get its first vinyl printing on May 26th. The first 5,000 copies will be individually numbered and printed on blue vinyl.
- 22: Avatar's Facebook page announces the beginning of production and new release dates for the sequels, delaying the second film a seventh time to the December 2020 slot.
- 28: A Pandora: The World of Avatar media preview for select news outlets takes place from April 28th to the 30th, providing the first extensive look at the attraction. Imagineer Joe Rohde, Executive Creative Director Stefan Hellwig, and Jon Landau are in attendance. Certain effects, like portions of the bioluminescence, aren't complete yet.
- 30: The first Avatar film will be shown at AMC Disney Springs 24, a theater in the Disney Springs outdoor mall at Walt Disney World. The movie will have one standard and three 3D showings per day from May 5th through May 17th.
- 6: The Free Comic Book Day 2017 issue of Dark Horse's Avatar comic series is released.
- 7: The Walt Disney Imagineering Pandora: The World of Avatar preview takes place.
- 8: Cliff Curtis is cast in all four Avatar sequels in a lead role. He will be playing Tonowari, leader of the Metkayina, the reef people clan.
- 11: The Disney Parks Blog starts signups for a Pandora: The World of Avatar preview meetup.
- 13: Walt Disney World Annual Passholder previews take place from the 13th to the 22nd.
- 15: The Disney Parks Blog preview for Pandora: The World of Avatar takes place.
- 16: Ubisoft clarifies the release window of the Avatar Project game, confirming no plans to release the game before April 1st, 2020.
- 18: Entertainment options for Pandora: The World of Avatar will premiere on the May 27th opening day, including a drum circle show and nighttime lighting show. Full bioluminescence and interactive plants will also be active on opening day.
- 19: The Pandora: The World of Avatar "Connect to Protect" mobile game is announced. Guests visiting Pandora can use the My Disney Experience app to "live" chat with Pandora Conservation Initiative scientist Fitsimi Buckley, who provides them with information about Pandora and conservation tips. After completing missions, guests unlock monetary contributions they can apply to help preserve the real life habitats of one of ten possible threatened animal species.
- 22: The Disney Parks Blog announces a livestream for the Pandora: The World of Avatar dedication ceremony on May 24, starting at 8:10am. A media event will also be held at Animal Kingdom that day, leading to an earlier closing time for the general public. Representatives from Lightstorm Entertainment, cast members from Avatar, and head Learn Na'vi administrator Mark Miller will be in attendance. Pandora: The World of Avatar has a "soft opening" for select park guests.
- 23: Zoe Saldana visits Pandora: The World of Avatar ahead of the dedication ceremony. The official Avatar Instagram page launches.
- 24: The dedication of Pandora: The World of Avatar takes place, with the livestream bumped up to 8:10am from 9:25am due to weather.. James Cameron, Disney CEO Bob Iger, and Kam Demarco present during the ceremony, with Jon Landau, Imagineer Joe Rohde, and representatives from 20th Century Fox in attendance. Avatar cast members Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Sigourney Weaver, Stephen Lang, Joel Michael Moore, Laz Alonso, CCH Pounder, and Wes Studi are also in attendance. Director Robert Rodriguez, Cameron's collaborator on the live action adaptation of Battle Angel Alita, was also available for the press event.
- 26: Avatar.com relaunches again in the lead up to Pandora: The World of Avatar's opening day. This version of the site, still run by the Pandoran Research Foundation, focuses on informative articles about Pandora and the Na'vi, as well as promoting the Pandora attraction, the Avatar: Discover Pandora exhibition, Toruk - The First Flight, and the Dark Horse Avatar comics. Apple updates the extras for the Avatar: Extended Collector's Edition on the iTunes store to include an "exclusive sneak peak" of Pandora: The World of Avatar.
- 27: Pandora: The World of Avatar officially opens. Crowds are at capacity for most of the day, with priority being given to visitors with a FastPass+ reservation, including a phase 1 and phase 3 closure at various points of the day. Early visitors with a Disney resort reservation taking advantage of the park's Extra Magic Hours opening from 7-8am queue several hours in advance. Regular guests without a FastPass are given warnings about wait times to get in being over two hours Attraction wait times are also long, with Flight of Passage having a four hour wait time before Pandora's regular opening time at 8am. Jon Landau is in attendance.
- 5: The second stop for the Avatar: Discover Pandora exhibition is announced. The exhibition will be in Bangkok, Thailand at The Mall Shopping Center Bankapi from July 1 to September 3, 2017.
- 8: Lightstorm Entertainment renews a five-year collaboration with Christie Digital, who will provide a new RGB laser projection system for the Avatar sequels. This collaboration is part of James Cameron's vision of glasses-free 3D film viewing. In return, Lightstorm will provide information to Christie about 3D, high frame rate, color spacing and high-dynamic range.
- Flight of Passage and the Na'vi River Journey in Pandora: The World of Avatar are evacuated due to a pulled fire alarm in the building that houses both attractions. There was no actual sign of fire and normal operations resumed after. Evacuated guests were offered FastPasses as an apology for the inconvenience.
- 9: The Thai Instagram account for Avatar: Discover Pandora launches.
- 20: Oona Chaplin, best known for her work on Game of Thrones, is cast in all four Avatar sequels in a lead role. She will be playing Varang, described as a "strong and vibrant central character". The announcement was made during the CineEurope trade convention in Barcelona, Spain. During the convention, Jon Landau states that, by the current schedule, production will start on the sequels on September 25, 2016. 
- 27: Pandora: The World of Avatar is featured on Disney's Animal Kingdom: Alive with Magic, an Animal Planet documentary. The documentary includes exclusive footage of the park area and interview footage with James Cameron. Massive posts about a meeting the previous week with Jon Landau to workshops and idea conceptualization for the Avatar Project game.
- 1: The Avatar: Discover Pandora exhibition opens in Bangkok, Thailand as its first stop in Southeast Asia.
- 30: Weta Digital, who previously worked on the first Avatar film, begins visual effects work on the four sequels.
- 7: Matt Gerald is confirmed to return as Lyle Wainfleet in the Avatar sequels.
- 8: James Cameron reveals that Miles Quaritch is the main antagonist for the Avatar sequels.
- 19: James Cameron confirms that principal photography will start on Avatar 2 on September 25th, in line with Jon Landau's previous comments on June 20th.
- 23: The casting of Filip Geljo in the Avatar sequels is leaked by TMZ.
- 25: Principal photography on Avatar 2 begins in Manhattan Beach, California. Deadline claims that the estimated collective budget of the sequels is expected to pass $1 billion USD. 
- 27: Jamie Flatters, Britain Dalton, Trinity Bliss, Bailey Bass, Filip Geljo, Duane Evans Jr., and Jack Champion are announced as the "new generation" cast members for all four Avatar sequels. Flatters, Dalton, and Bliss play Neteyam, Lo'ak, and Tuktirey respectively, the children of Jake Sully and Neytiri. Bass, Geljo, and Evans Jr. play Tsireya, Aonung, and Rotxo from the Metkayina clan. Champion plays Javier "Spider" Socorro, a human teenager who was born in Hell's Gate.
- 28: The Disney Parks Blog posts about the new generation cast's visit to Pandora: The World of Avatar for the casting announcement video and photoshoot. The cast toured Pandora with Jon Landau, using the area as a visual and tactile reference for their later work on the motion capture set.
- 3: Kate Winslet joins the Avatar sequel cast as Ronal, twenty years after her starring role in James Cameron's Titanic.
- 13: Giovanni Ribisi is confirmed to return as Parker Selfridge in the Avatar sequels.
List of references:
- ↑ Declaration James Cameron would have been in 11th grade in this period.
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 http://www.scribd.com/doc/116315083/Cameron
- ↑ Stephen Lang Interview
- ↑ New York Times, At the Movies
- ↑ CG Revolution
- ↑ Entertainment Weekly- James Cameron's 12 Picture Deal
- ↑ 7.00 7.01 7.02 7.03 7.04 7.05 7.06 7.07 7.08 7.09 7.10 7.11 Capturing Avatar
- ↑ The LA Times- theme park division
- ↑ The Guardian Interview
- ↑ http://whois.domaintools.com/visitpandora.com
- ↑ http://whois.domaintools.com/discoverpandora.com
- ↑ http://whois.domaintools.com/explorepandora.com
- ↑ http://whois.domaintools.com/avatarmovie.com
- ↑ http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=5192
- ↑ http://www.ugo.com/movies/avatar-spoilers
- ↑ http://uk.ign.com/articles/2005/12/07/casting-battle-angel
- ↑ http://uk.ign.com/articles/2006/01/20/camerons-mysterious-project-880
- ↑ http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1228955/I-fight-robots-kill-aliens-kiss-beautiful-women-Avatars-Sam-Worthington-hits-big-time.html
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0220196/
- ↑ http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20007998_2,00.html
- ↑ http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1552588/20070215/story.jhtml
- ↑ http://firefox.org/news/articles/332/1/CCH-Pounder-on-039Avatar039/Page1.html
- ↑ http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/784/784591p1.html
- ↑ http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117968709?refCatId=13
- ↑ http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/807/807830p1.html
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0232828/
- ↑ http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34952 The letter on Harry Knowles website
- ↑ http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/night_at_the_museum_2/news/1696700/avatar_pushed_back_night_at_the_museum_2_moved_up/
- ↑ http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/avatar/news/1710344/james_cameron_gives_fans_an_avatar_update/
- ↑ http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38907
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0599874/
- ↑ http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_16149.html
- ↑ http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2009/05/james-cameron-avatar.html
- ↑ https://twitter.com/avatarfilme/status/3165641458
- ↑ https://twitter.com/avatarfilme/status/3165578028
- ↑ https://twitter.com/avatarfilme/status/3168198721
- ↑ http://www.slashfilm.com/james-camerons-producer-on-battle-angel-alita-the-dive-and-avatar-2/
- ↑ http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,693205/Avatar-Hands-on-Far-Cry-2s-Dunia-engine-delivers-good-graphics-Update-Wii-screenshots/Reviews/
- ↑ http://filmonic.com/cameron-avatar-edit-100-done-talks-navi-tails
- ↑ http://www.slashfilm.com/james-camerons-producer-on-battle-angel-alita-the-dive-and-avatar-2/
- ↑ http://mygaming.co.za/news/pc/4853-avatar-pc-demo-and-system-requirements-released.html
- ↑ http://java.mob.org/game/avatar_the_mobile_game.html
- ↑ 43.0 43.1 https://m2.facebook.com/cocacolazero?v=timeline&timecutoff=1416473100§ionLoadingID=m_timeline_loading_div_1262332799_1230796800_8_&timeend=1262332799×tart=1230796800&tm=AQCyfCSr-6Gen2Te
- ↑ http://uk.ign.com/games/avatar-the-game/nds-952437
- ↑ http://venturebeat.com/2009/12/17/multiverses-remix-makes-it-easy-to-create-avatar-spinoff-games/
- ↑ http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/weekends/top12sum.htm
- ↑ http://www.thewrap.com/deal-central/ind-column/avatars-effects-whiz-talks-shop-12326?page=0,1
- ↑ http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a193033/avatar-sequels-to-take-place-off-pandora.html
- ↑ http://www.movieweb.com/news/avatar-reaches-700-million-worldwide-in-12-days
- ↑ http://nationalsocietyoffilmcritics.com/2010/01/03/hurt-locker-leads-2009-awards/
- ↑ Guiness Book of World Records 2011, page 159
- ↑ http://www.digitaltrends.com/entertainment/avatar-is-first-sci-fi-movie-to-pull-in-1b-usd-worldwide/
- ↑ http://www.ew.com/article/2010/01/15/avatar-your-questions-answered
- ↑ 54.0 54.1 54.2 Guiness Book of World Records 2011, page 158
- ↑ http://www.danwei.org/tourism/hallelujah_mountain_in_real_li.php
- ↑ http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/2010/02/19/james-cameron-set-avatar-dvd-release-date-and-talks-about-planned-sequel/
- ↑ http://www.bafta.org/awards/film/film-awards-nominations,949,BA.html
- ↑ http://blog.moviefone.com/2010/04/15/navi-gate-your-way-to-this-interactive-avatar-exhibit/
- ↑ http://www.movieweb.com/news/exclusive-cch-pounders-queen-moat-returns-for-avatar-2
- ↑ http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2010/04/20/james-cameron-talks-the-enironment-the-avatar-sequel-and-more/
- ↑ http://www.earthday.org/avatar
- ↑ http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=4479
- ↑ http://collider.com/avatar-breaks-dvd-and-blu-ray-records-by-selling-67-million-copies-in-first-four-days/23130/
- ↑ http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=4479
- ↑ http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=4594
- ↑ http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118021047?refCatId=14
- ↑ http://www.ew.com/article/2010/08/09/teen-choice-awards-winners-201
- ↑ http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5618
- ↑ http://www.amazon.co.uk/Avatar-3D-Annual-2011/dp/1907602003
- ↑ http://mashable.com/2010/09/18/avatar-2-x-prize/
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/AvatarFilmeBrasil/videos/166057790074143/
- ↑ http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/20172/live-blogging-the-scream-2010-awards-tonight/
- ↑ http://content.usatoday.com/communities/greenhouse/post/2010/10/avatar-30-rock-environmental-media-award/1#.VmLtQstRZhE
- ↑ http://fora.tv/2010/10/27/Filmmaker_James_Cameron_with_Google_CEO_Eric_Schmidt#Cameron_Announces_New_Technology_for_Avatar_Sequels
- ↑ http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/stern-pinball-releases-avatar-limited-edition-pinball-machine-110126324.html
- ↑ http://blog.moviefone.com/2010/10/28/avatar-blu-ray-3d/
- ↑ http://collider.com/avatar-the-exhibition-james-cameron-seattle/63563/
- ↑ http://blog.moviefone.com/2010/12/18/avatar-2-sam-worthington
- ↑ http://eclipsemagazine.com/movie-has-lasting-impact-on-the-environment-avatar-home-tree-initiative-plants-one-million-plus-trees-around-the-world/
- ↑ http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/01/24/avatar-sequels-james-cameron/
- ↑ http://www.noblecollection.com/index.cfm?fa=products.product
- ↑ http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2011/01/31/james-cameron-explains-why-the-3d-experience-will-be-better-on-%E2%80%98avatar-2%E2%80%99/
- ↑ http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/games/james-cameron-says-games-will-drive-3d-adoption-wants-to-do-3d-avatar-mmorpg/
- ↑ 84.0 84.1 84.2 84.3 84.4 84.5 84.6 84.7 http://www.empmuseum.org/exhibitions/index.asp?articleID=1550
- ↑ http://www.deadline.com/2011/08/james-camerons-lightstorm-hires-kathy-franklin-to-guide-avatar-brand/
- ↑ http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=81028#ixzz1UvTF0til
- ↑ http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82282
- ↑ http://www.thenews.com.pk/NewsDetail.aspx?ID=23155
- ↑ http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/22/us-jamescameron-3dmovies-idUSTRE78L0HS20110922
- ↑ http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/video/james-cameron-avatar-details-14716421
- ↑ http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/dec/09/employee-sues-james-cameron-avatar
- ↑ Court ruling document from the Morawski case
- ↑ http://www.citypress.co.za/entertainment/james-cameron-sued-over-avatar-20111220-2/
- ↑ http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/03/30/james-cameron-avatar-sequels-to-draw-on-master-navigators/
- ↑ http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1676903/avatar-2-sam-worthington-underwater-filming.jhtml
- ↑ http://www.movieweb.com/news/avatar-2-release-pushed-to-2016-says-jon-landau
- ↑ http://www.torontosun.com/2012/01/26/cameron-faces-new-avatar-lawsuit
- ↑ http://marketsaw.blogspot.com/2012/03/james-cameron-completes-8-km-test-dive.html
- ↑ http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-17503395
- ↑ http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/03/30/james-cameron-avatar-sequels-to-draw-on-master-navigators/
- ↑ http://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=33583
- ↑ http://www.sfx.co.uk/2012/04/20/the-science-of-avatar-review/
- ↑ http://marketsaw.blogspot.de/2012/05/james-cameron-diving-into-avatar-2-3.html
- ↑ http://www.showbiz411.com/2012/06/26/james-cameron-will-film-three-avatar-sequels-at-the-same-time
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ofCaw30o_oo
- ↑ http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=9309
- ↑ http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1693478/james-cameron-avatar-4.jhtml
- ↑ http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/09/10/james-cameron-avatar-sequels-a-daunting-writing-task/
- ↑ http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/avatar-copyright-case-dismissed-judge-56831
- ↑ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/06/avatar-sequel-sets-green-eco-friendly_n_1943756.html
- ↑ http://www.ifc.com/fix/2012/10/avatar-2-james-cameron-dileep-rao
- ↑ http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-12-06/travel/os-disney-staggs-avatar-cars-land-next-gen-20121206_1_avatar-land-cars-land-resorts-chairman-tom-staggs
- ↑ 113.0 113.1 http://montrealgazette.com/entertainment/arts/james-cameron-says-avatar-and-cirque-du-soleil-are-a-natural-fit-in-toruk
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DO6_jKN-1hw
- ↑ http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/read-james-camerons-sworn-declaration-avatar-399979
- ↑ http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/going-out/film/avatar-sets-blu-ray-record-with-one-1534510
- ↑ http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2013/feb/06/james-cameron-wins-avatar-lawsuit
- ↑ http://lsc.org/see-whats-happening/upcoming-exhibitions/avatar/
- ↑ http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericsavitz/2013/02/11/reald-james-cameron-quits-board-focusing-on-avatar-2-3/
- ↑ http://marketsaw.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/exclusive-avatar-2-and-3-update-from.html#.UUpr41c7a1g
- ↑ http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21929483
- ↑ http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23117197
- ↑ http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/avatar-sequels-upped-to-three-avatar-2-due-in-december-2016/
- ↑ http://www.insidethemagic.net/2013/08/avatar-land-details-teased-at-2013-d23-expo-as-imagineers-visit-pandora-to-prepare-walt-disney-world-attractions/
- ↑ http://www.animationmagazine.net/features/gould-to-write-four-stand-alone-avatar-books/
- ↑ http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/james-cameron-wins-avatar-idea-642448
- ↑ http://www.slashfilm.com/first-look-avatar-land-at-disneyworlds-animal-kingdom/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LwajYQeEWI
- ↑ http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/james-cameron-confirms-stephen-lang-appear-avatar-movie-233200870.html
- ↑ http://www.dailyfinance.com/2014/01/17/disney-animal-kingdom-avatar-theme-park-analysis/
- ↑ http://uk.eonline.com/news/499570/zoe-saldana-and-sam-worthington-sign-on-for-three-avatar-sequels
- ↑ http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/glowinthedark-plants-a-step-closer-as-avatars-seeds-bear-fruit-20140117-30zhe.html
- ↑ http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1720742/avengers-age-of-ultron-hulk.jhtml
- ↑ https://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/press/news/2014/avatar-james-cameron-cirque-du-soleil-creative-partnership-29-mai-2014.aspx
- ↑ http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/james-cameron-says-avatar-sequels-will-allow-him-to-address-the-state-of-the-world-and-human-affairs-20140820
- ↑ http://www.rawstory.com/rs/blog/2014/09/14/newly-discovered-flying-dinosaur-named-after-beasts-from-james-camerons-avatar/
- ↑ http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/behind-screen/could-avatar-sequels-be-first-732772
- ↑ http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/james-cameron-wins-avatar-idea-733904
- ↑ http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/theyll-cost-less-than-200m-james-cameron-shrugs-off-rupert-murdochs-jibe-about-avatar-sequels-9828553.html
- ↑ http://www.ecumenicalnews.com/article/avatar-2-news-update-james-cameron-expresses-confidence-in-upcoming-avatar-sequels-27351
- ↑ http://collider.com/avatar-2-3-4-special-effects-weta
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/AvatarMovie.UK/photos/a.359703581593.145910.191638611593/10152488744551594/?type=1&theater
- ↑ http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-30817048
- ↑ http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/01/20/avatar-warriors-journey-on-ios-and-android-is-your-ticket-back-to-pandora
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vXLnljpqxc
- ↑ http://mashable.com/2015/02/04/avatar-sequels-social-media
- ↑ http://avatar.tumblr.com/archive/2015/2
- ↑ https://soundcloud.com/thesoundsofpandora
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/ysJ7acM-TN/
- ↑ http://variety.com/2015/biz/news/appellate-court-considers-avatar-idea-theft-case-1201431183/
- ↑ http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/02/bringing-the-world-of-avatar-to-life-at-disneys-animal-kingdom/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=27&v=-3_o67a1wY4
- ↑ http://www.cinemablend.com/new/James-Cameron-Sued-Possibly-Stealing-Avatar-70288.html
- ↑ https://newstral.com/en/article/en/983334877/-avatar-idea-theft-suit-rejected-by-appellate-court
- ↑ http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-experience-specialists-and-twentieth-century-fox-consumer-products-announce-the-james-camerons-avatar-global-exhibition-300071057.html
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWj2n7-SPe8
- ↑ https://www.yahoo.com/movies/cirque-du-soleil-teases-avatar-show-in-new-117553805427.html
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vXLnljpqxc
- ↑ https://www.cirquedusoleil.com/toruk/pandora?explore
- ↑ https://itunes.apple.com/sg/app/avatar-warriors-journey/id959475115?mt=8
- ↑ https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.BoosterPack.awj&hl=en_GB
- ↑ http://www8.hp.com/us/en/hp-news/press-release.html?id=2003293#.VXBfwUY4dmM
- ↑ http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Why-Avatar-2-Has-Taken-Such-An-Insanely-Long-Time-71979.html
- ↑ http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/weekends/top12sum.htm
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLjo5253dl0
- ↑ http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-avatar-cirque-du-soleil-china-20150615-story.html
- ↑ http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33252508
- ↑ http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/08/15/d23-2015-pandora-the-world-of-avatar-details-unveiled
- ↑ http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/08/17/d23-2015-pandora-the-world-of-avatar-preview-images
- ↑ https://deadline.com/2015/09/media-fake-jon-landau-twitter-photos-posted-on-hollywood-reporter-1201556198/
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/torukthefirstflight/photos/a.1122793164413320.1073741826.1087940301231940/1246664312026204/?type=3&theater
- ↑ http://www.comingsoon.net/extras/news/621143-james-cameron-and-dark-horse-announce-avatar-comics
- ↑ http://www.shreveporttimes.com/picture-gallery/entertainment/2015/10/28/toruk---the-first-flight-media-showing/74776126/
- ↑ http://www.insidethemagic.net/2015/11/avatars-floating-mountains-rise-up-above-pandora-walt-disney-world-animal-kingdom/
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/torukthefirstflight/posts/1278043138888321
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/torukthefirstflight/videos/1282373775121924/ Interview. 3,000 years before the events of the film, in 2154, would place Toruk in 837 BC, counting in the fact that the Gregorian Calendar has no zero-year.
- ↑ http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/11/avatar-2-james-cameron
- ↑ http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-star-wars-force-852274?facebook_20160106
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/torukthefirstflight/photos/a.1122793164413320.1073741826.1087940301231940/1314514921907809/?type=3&theater
- ↑ https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/toruk-the-first-flight/id1066206534?ls=1&app=itunes&cid=osm:trk_multi_2016:toruk%20multiple%20cities%202016:multiple:multi:mes:cds&adsrc=multiple&adcnt=multi&bu=tsd
- ↑ https://www.inverse.com/article/10520-avatar-2-delayed-from-december-2017-won-t-go-up-against-star-wars
- ↑ http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/652665-avatar-2-wolverine-3-fifty-shades-darker-and-more-start-dates
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/torukthefirstflight/photos/a.1122793164413320.1073741826.1087940301231940/1328009360558365/?type=3&theater
- ↑ https://www.cirquefascination.com/?p=7569
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/torukthefirstflight/photos/a.1122793164413320.1073741826.1087940301231940/1372953802730587/?type=3&theater
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/torukthefirstflight/videos/1377712818921352/
- ↑ http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/cinemacon-james-cameron-announces-four-884060
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/notes/cirque-du-soleil/cirque-du-soleil-will-not-perform-in-north-carolina/10153690474037675
- ↑ http://gawker.com/logic-and-human-decency-dont-seem-to-matter-much-in-nor-1766888407
- ↑ https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/04/authentic-details-bring-to-life-pandora-the-world-of-avatar-at-disneys-animal-kingdom/
- ↑ http://patentyogi.com/disney/disney-imagineers-developed-living-pandorran-plants-can-interact/
- ↑ http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2016/05/disney-files-possible-patent-that-shares-more-on.html
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/torukthefirstflight/videos/1443604138998886/
- ↑ http://www.gamespot.com/articles/groundbreaking-new-avatar-mobile-game-coming-has-h/1100-6441363/
- ↑ http://variety.com/2016/film/news/james-cameron-on-why-avatar-needs-three-sequels-and-details-on-an-abyss-blu-ray-release-1201821558/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFPsGH0WWak
- ↑ http://www.darkhorizons.com/stephen-lang-offers-avatar-2-update/
- ↑ http://www.avatardiscoverpandora.com/avatar-discover-pandora-launches-worldwide-tour/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/DiscoverPandora/status/778018762016509952
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/BKKUrMMgYiM/
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/BKjo4i4A-0n/
- ↑ http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/09/disney-cast-members-will-need-speak-navi-work-pandora-world-avatar/
- ↑ http://www.publimetro.com.mx/entretenimiento/toruk-el-primer-vuelo-llega-a-mexico-inspirado-en-avatar-de-james-cameron/mpje!w2kqgUdLWBL5g/
- ↑ http://www.avatar.com
- ↑ http://www.avatardiscoverpandora.com/avatar-discover-pandora-opens-today-taipei-taiwan/
- ↑ http://www.superherohype.com/news/387451-exclusive-sigourney-weaver-talks-avatar-sequels-development
- ↑ http://blogmickey.com/2016/12/photos-video-projection-mapping-testing-underway-pandora-floating-mountains/
- ↑ https://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/2449/dark-horse-comics-announces-2017-free-comic-book-d
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Blog_Mickey/status/812101736143978496
- ↑ http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/12/photos-disney-shares-new-glimpses-inside-pandora-world-avatar/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URSOqWtLix4
- ↑ http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/01/photos-video-latest-progress-projection-mapping-pandora-world-avatar-disneys-animal-kingdom/
- ↑ http://blogmickey.com/2017/01/photos-video-disney-continues-projection-mapping-testing-pandora-animal-kingdom/
- ↑ http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/01/29/james-cameron-on-the-trump-administration-these-people-are-insane.html
- ↑ http://mashable.com/2017/01/31/avatar-comic
- ↑ http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/02/breaking-leaked-image-reveals-ride-vehicle-avatar-flying-banshee-attraction-disneys-animal-kingdom/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/officialavatar/status/828765485420285953
- ↑ https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/02/just-announced-pandora-the-world-of-avatar-will-open-may-27-at-disneys-animal-kingdom/
- ↑ http://www.disboards.com/threads/news-round-up-2017.3568094/page-96#post-57087722
- ↑ https://twitter.com/visitpandora/status/829085498828271617
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/BQOkcqzAXIk/
- ↑ https://forum.learnnavi.org/news-announcements/new-hardware-funding-drive-planned-for-february/msg649755/#msg649755
- ↑ http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/sam-worthington-avatar-2-about-family/
- ↑ https://youtu.be/apDVlaw3QIk
- ↑ https://youtu.be/2hJjPnQDWkg
- ↑ https://youtu.be/Exntw4BNRZY
- ↑ http://comicbook.com/popculturenow/2017/02/26/avatar-2-filming-date-revealed-james-cameron/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/officialavatar/status/835937121546338305
- ↑ http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/02/video-latest-avatar-ad-shows-guests-walking-around-pandora-first-time/
- ↑ http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/02/filmmaker-james-cameron-offers-a-new-look-inside-pandora-the-world-of-avatar/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eltRKvqGsTY
- ↑ http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/03/photos-disney-launches-countdown-pandora-world-avatar-merchandise/
- ↑ http://www.pcgamer.com/ubisoft-says-its-new-avatar-project-will-have-no-impact-on-the-division/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/visitpandora/status/837781023584845824
- ↑ https://blogmickey.com/2017/03/additional-details-flight-passage-ride-appear-mickey-monitor-newsletter-annual-passholders/
- ↑ http://blogmickey.com/2017/03/registration-now-live-annual-passholder-previews-pandora-world-avatar/
- ↑ http://blogmickey.com/2017/03/soft-openings-pandora-world-avatar-going-occur/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4Xz6WPk6WI
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-JHSwQSsjA
- ↑ http://thevinylfactory.com/news/avatar-soundtrack-vinyl-release/
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/AvatarMovie.UK/photos/a.359703581593.145910.191638611593/10154322293631594/?type=3&theater
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TheDIS/status/858287556131254273
- ↑ http://www.insidethemagic.net/2017/04/inside-look-move-fireworks-pandora-world-avatar-walt-disney-worlds-stunning-nighttime-spectacular/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TheDIS/status/858494155605118976
- ↑ http://www.insidethemagic.net/2017/04/inside-look-pandora-river-attraction-features-best-animatronic-walt-disney-world-resort/
- ↑ http://blogmickey.com/2017/04/avatar-movie-play-disney-springs-may-5th-may-11th/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/StevenMBooth/status/861365595677364229
- ↑ http://deadline.com/2017/05/avatar-sequels-fear-the-walking-dead-cliff-curtis-cast-1202087331/
- ↑ https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/05/sign-up-for-the-disney-parks-blog-expedition-to-pandora-the-world-of-avatar-meet-up/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Blog_Mickey/status/864091372898406400
- ↑ http://au.ign.com/articles/2017/05/16/ubisoft-clarifies-avatar-game-release-window-plans
- ↑ http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/05/details-entertainment-nighttime-lighting-ceremony-taking-place-daily-pandora-world-off-avatar-disneys-animal-kingdom/
- ↑ https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/05/connect-to-protect-introduces-a-new-interactive-way-to-protect-animals-on-earth-and-explore-pandora-the-world-of-avatar-at-disneys-animal-kingdom/
- ↑ https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/05/disneyparkslive-will-stream-pandora-the-world-of-avatar-dedication-live-may-24-at-925-a-m-et/
- ↑ http://blogmickey.com/2017/05/disney-parks-blog-live-stream-pandora-world-avatar-dedication-may-24th/
- ↑ https://forum.learnnavi.org/news-announcements/learnnavi-at-disneys-pandora-world-of-avatar/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/WDWNT/status/866802738298048513
- ↑ https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/05/actress-zoe-saldana-visits-pandora-the-world-of-avatar-at-disneys-animal-kingdom/
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/BUa8l5ChV0h/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/DisneyParks/status/866640709536931841
- ↑ https://twitter.com/DisneyParks/status/867183252653711361
- ↑ https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/05/disneyparkslive-watch-the-dedication-of-pandora-the-world-of-avatar-now/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJk8II7TcZI
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMT3pTWh-Ac
- ↑ http://www.avatar.com
- ↑ https://twitter.com/iTunesMovies/status/868119584750043136
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Blog_Mickey/status/868495990210392067
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Blog_Mickey/status/868441856685858816
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Blog_Mickey/status/868482235892207616
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Blog_Mickey/status/868388133112565760
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Blog_Mickey/status/868411140203786240
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Blog_Mickey/status/868470814391377920
- ↑ https://twitter.com/WDWNT/status/868432166761504768
- ↑ http://www.insidethemagic.net/2017/05/video-massive-opening-day-line-pandora-world-avatar-draws-thousands-new-walt-disney-world-land/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Joe_Rohde/status/868482312878424065
- ↑ http://www.avatardiscoverpandora.com/avatar-discover-pandora-set-for-southeast-asia-debut-in-bangkok/
- ↑ http://www.insidethemagic.net/2017/06/avatar-sequels-will-push-boundaries-3d-thanks-james-cameron-christie-digital/
- ↑ http://blogmickey.com/2017/06/developing-flight-passage-navi-river-journey-evacuated/
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/BVHZJXnh8BD/
- ↑ http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/avatar-sequels-add-game-thrones-actress-oona-chaplin-1015206
- ↑ http://screenrant.com/avatar-sequels-begin-production-september/
- ↑ https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/06/animal-planet-showcases-disneys-animal-kingdom-alive-with-magic/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/UbiMassive/status/879680427732193280
- ↑ http://www.avatardiscoverpandora.com/avatar-discover-pandora-exhibition-makes-its-first-southeast-asian-stop-in-bangkok/
- ↑ http://variety.com/2017/artisans/news/avatar-sequels-progress-to-next-level-as-weta-digital-begins-visual-effects-work-on-the-films-james-cameron-1202510639/
- ↑ http://deadline.com/2017/08/avatar-sequels-matt-gerald-returns-1202144393/
- ↑ http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/james-cameron-reveals-avatar-villain-details/
- ↑ http://screenrant.com/avatar-2-filming-start/
- ↑ http://www.tmz.com/2017/09/23/odd-squad-child-actor-filip-geljo-avatar-sequels-contract/
- ↑ http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/27/avatar-2-first-look/?crl8_id=6545dbff-2bfe-4cb7-8c7d-326b00634e7d
- ↑ http://deadline.com/2017/09/avatar-james-cameron-four-consecutive-sequels-1-billion-budget-1202176798/
- ↑ http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/27/avatar-2-first-look/?crl8_id=6545dbff-2bfe-4cb7-8c7d-326b00634e7d
- ↑ https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/09/avatar-next-generation-cast-soak-up-the-scenery-on-pandora-the-world-of-avatar-at-disneys-animal-kingdom/
- ↑ http://deadline.com/2017/10/kate-winslet-avatar-2-titanic-reunion-titanic-helmer-james-cameron-1202181471/
- ↑ http://movieweb.com/avatar-2-sequels-cast-giovanni-ribisi/