physical and spiritual protection, as well as declaration of rank.
|Behind the Scenes|
The Tipani clan are renowned for their use of armor, protective clothing they manufacture as part of a wider focus on combat training in their society. While other clans do have a hand in fashioning armor, they are the only clan known to wear it regularly. In fact, the clan has a wardrobe of armor for various specific purposes such as hunting, training and battle, and less agressively, singing and dancing. Some suits of armor include helmets.
Materials and ConstructionEdit
The armor is mostly made using bones, shells, plants, insects and even the claws of deceased animals. The Tipani believe the predatory and survival instincts of the animal are transferred to the warrior who wears the armor.
Types of ArmorEdit
- Eyktan Armor - for the leader of the Tipani clan.
- Karyu Armor - for a 'teacher'. The armor signifies experience.
- Nawma Ni'awve Armor - spirit armor, for one with deep connection to Eywa.
- 'Awvea Tsamsiyu Armor - for a warrior who no longer needs tutorship.
- Tirea Armor - spirit armor, for hunters and warriors.
- Nawm Armor - granted to those who complete Iknimaya.
- Nawma Taronyu Armor - for hunting.
- Taronyu Armor - for hunting.
- Tsteu Armor - for light combat.
|Clans||Anurai · Horse clan of the Plains · Ikran People of the Eastern Sea · Li'ona · Kekunan · Metkayina · Ni'awve · Omaticaya · Tawkami · Tipani · Tayrangi|
|Armor||'Awvea Tsamsiyu · Eyktan · Helmet · Karyu · Nawm · Nawma Ni'awve · Nawma Taronyu · Taronyu · Tirea · Tsteu|
|Other clothing||Baby Carrier · Battle Band · Loincloth · Anurai Necklace · Rider's Mask · Sash|
|Culinary Items||Basket · Butchering Tool · Cooking Pot · Fire Pit (Tools) · Fish Yoke · Food Wrap · Ground Rack · Leaf Plate · Water Carrier|
|Music||Children's Songs · Hometree Songs · Hunt Songs · The Legend of Nok · Personal Songs · Pitches, Intervals and Scales · Social Songs|