- Ironically, common sense isn't that common.
1. unable to be avoided, evaded, or escaped; certain; necessary: an inevitable conclusion.
2. sure to occur, happen, or come; unalterable: The inevitable end of human life is death.
- Your mission is not to accept the mission. Do you accept?.
The deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political, or cultural group.
- “Ignorant people see life as either existence or non-existence, but wise men see it beyond both existence and non-existence to something that transcends them both; this is an observation of the Middle Way.”
- Can a man drown in the fountain of eternal life?
- “Reason, observation, and experience; the holy trinity of science.”
The study of the principles of reasoning i.e. a system of reasoning
- A girl goes into the past and kills her mother. Since her mother is dead, the girl was never born. If she were never born, she never killed her mother.
- Jake (Quote)
"Yup. That’s how it’s done. When people are sitting on shit you want, you make them your enemy. Then you’re justified in taking it."
1. A Cretan sails to Greece and says to some Greek men who are standing upon the shore: "All Cretans are liars." Did he speak the truth, or did he lie?
2. A week later, the Cretan sailed to Greece again and said: "All Cretans are liars and all I say is the truth." Although the Greeks on the shore weren't aware of what he had said the first time, they were truly puzzled.
> If someone says "I always lie", are they telling the truth? Or are they lying?
- What is better? - Eternal bliss or simple bread?
What is better than eternal bliss? Nothing. But a slice of bread is better than nothing. So a slice of bread is better than eternal bliss.
- What happens if you are in a car going the speed of light and you turn the headlights on?
- The increased electricity used by modern appliance parts is causing a shift in the Earth's magnetic field. By the year 2327, the North Pole will be located in mid-Kansas, while the South Pole will be just off the coast of East Africa
- Don't miss the magic of the moment by focusing on what's to come
- I've beaten things, insurmountable things, things most people have never even heard of and after all that you think I'm going to be done in by THIS? (He raises a puny little cigarette) - John Constantine
- Do business with those who do business with you
- But on this most auspicious of nights, permit me then, in lieu of the more commonplace sobriquet, to suggest the character of this dramatis persona: Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished.
However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V. - V
- Remember: The lead sled dog is the only one with a decent view
- "I dare do all that may become a man; Who dares do more is none."
- That's it! See, at first, I thought it was hate too. Hate was all I knew. It built my world, imprisoned me, taught me how to eat, how to drink, how to breathe. I thought I'd die with all the hate in my veins. But then something happened. It happened to me, just as it happened to you. - V
- Evidence Australia does not worry about terrorism:
- As of 25/01/2010, Avatar grossed (US)$1,836,143,000 or (S)2.739 trillion in Somali shillings
- I have dreamed a dream, but now that dream is gone from me. - M
- As of 2006, the total amount of digital data in existence was 0.161 Zettabytes (A zettabyte equals 1 billion terabytes).(IDC)
- “The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.” - GB
- The total storage requirements for all human speech, ever spoken, is at 42 zettabytes (if ditigalised at 16 kHz; 16-bit audio. - ML
"having keen mental perception and understanding; discerning:to exhibit perspicacious judgment.
- Weta Digital spent 47 hours on each 24th of a second of motion capture footage to create the finished product for the Avatar film.
- Experts say one of the most alluring sleep distractions is the 24-hour accessibility of the internet...
- It takes around 20 seconds for a red blood cell to circle the whole body
- Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
- Scientists have not been able to explain a 1998 study showing a bright light shone on the backs of human knees can reset the brain's sleep-wake clock.
- Almost all of the heavier elements in your body (eg calcium, iron, carbon) were made somewhere in supernovae explosions
- A red blood cell has circled your body
- “This inescapable duty to observe oneself: if someone else is observing me, naturally I have to observe myself too; if none observe me, I have to observe myself all the closer”.
- Our galaxy, the Milky Way, is constantly moving through space at the spinning rate of 225 kilometers a second and traveling through space at 305 kilometers. So, every second, we are moving through space at the speed of 530 kilometers per second.
- "Cogito ergo sum" - "I think, therefore I am"
- The colour blue has a calming affect. It causes the brain to release calming hormones. Here is some blue
- In most watch advertisements the time displayed on the watch is 10:10 because then the arms frame the brand of the watch (and makes the watch look like it is smiling)
- Australia is the only nation to govern an entire continent and outlying islands.
- Australia's largest state - Western Australia - is roughly the same size as western Europe
- Nam et ipsa scienta potestas est
- This is ground zero, This is my site. - RN
- $3.60 is the price paid to Indian hangmen for each hanging
- An estimated 500 000 000 USD is earnt by Google from Typos. i.e. from 'Typosquatting' where misspelt variant of a popular website is registered and filled with advertisement to catch clumsy Internet Surfers.
- 300 000 USD was spent by the American Defence Force to sponsor the launch of Halo 3
- "Our target market is identical to that of video game stores" - American Airforce recruitment Officer
- Isaiah 54:16 - Found on the plate of Agent Smith's car at the beginning of The Matrix Reloaded
- "You are disturbing me. I am picking mushrooms" - Grigory Perelman, upon confirmation that he had solved one of the Millennium Problems; the most difficult maths questions known to man (supposedly meant to take 1000 years too solve). Grigory Perelam also refused the $1million prize money.
- Shot almost entirely in Sydney Australia; the location scouts for the Matrix found it very hard to find burned out American-ghetto looking locations. Many of the urban decay locations had to be created from scratch.
- When the Matrix was nearly shut down for flying helicopters in a no fly zone in Sydney due to a law in place at the time; the laws were changed to let filming begin again.
- "There are two people in this world: Those who seek enlightenment but do not find it and those who find enlightenment but do not seek it".
- Contrary to popular belief, there is no mention of an apple as the forbidden fruit in the Bible. It is referred to as "fruit from the Tree of Knowledge" with no specification as to which kind of fruit. It was Hugo Van Der Goes who first implicated the apple as the forbidden fruit in his 1470 A.D. painting, The Fall of Man. After that, it became popular to depict the apple as the forbidden fruit. - Healthdiaries.
- The average pencil can be sharpened 17 times,write 45,000 words or draw a line 35 miles long. - Musgrave Pencils
- The aromas in coffee develop at the 10th minute of roasting.
- The second most widely used product in the world after oil.
- It is consumed at the rate of 1400 million cups per day. - Justaboutcoffee
- Simple way to tell where north is with your ANALOG watch (in the southern hemisphere): point 12 at the sun, and while keeping 12 inline with the sun, halfway between 12 (still in line with the sun...) and the hour hand is North. For the northern hemisphere: point hour hand at sun and halfway between hour hand and 12 is SOUTH (so the opposite will be north)
- On average, every minute of walking can extend your life by 1.5 to 2 minutes.
- Walking provides: a raise in your metabolism, Helps relieve stress, Slows aging, Reduces levels of cholesterol in your blood, Lowers high blood pressure, Helps control and prevent diabetes, Reduces risk of some forms of cancer including colorectal, prostrate, and breast, Helps promote restful sleep, Relieves most cases of chronic backache, Improves flexibility, Improves posture, Promotes healthier skin due to increased circulation, Improves mental alertness and memory, Spurs intellectual creativity and problem solving, Elevates mood, Helps prevent and/or reduce depression, Improves your self-esteem, Increases sexual vigor, Helps control addictions to nicotine, alcohol, caffeine, and other drugs etc. - Buzzle.
- Wolfram Alpha
- 38' 42 51.39' S, 77' 31 54.15 E
- No one is perfect; that's why pencils have erasers
- Think like a man of action and act like a man of thought
- The only difference between try and triumph is a little umph
- 35.6% of internet users are Asian
- Damascus was is the oldest most continuously inhabited city in existence
- Rome was the first city in existence to reach a population of 1 million
- Goats were the first animals domesticated by man in 10,000 B.C
- The chicken is the closest living relative of the tyrannosaurus-rex
- There are more chickens on Earth than there are humans
- Chicken are pretty fast. The chicken can travel up to 9 miles per hour when it wants to
- The longest recorded distance flown by any chicken was 301.5 feet
- The American investment banker...
The American investment banker was at the pier of a small coastal Mexican village when a small boat with just one fisherman docked. Inside the small boat were several large yellow fin tuna. The American complimented the Mexican on the quality of his fish and asked how long it took to catch them. The fisherman replied, "only a little while".
The American then asked why didn't he stay out longer and catch more fish. The Mexican said he had enough to support his family's immediate needs.
The American then asked, "but what do you do with the rest of your time?"
The Mexican fisherman said, "I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, take siesta with my wife, Maria, stroll into the village each evening where I sip wine and play guitar with my amigos, I have a full and busy life."
The American scoffed, "I am a Harvard MBA and could help you. You should spend more time fishing and with the proceeds, buy a bigger boat with the proceeds from the bigger boat you could buy several boats, eventually you would have a fleet of fishing boats. Instead of selling your catch to a middleman you would sell directly to the processor, eventually opening your own cannery. You would control the product, processing and distribution. You would need to leave this small coastal fishing village and move to Mexico City, then LA and eventually NYC where you will run your expanding enterprise."
The Mexican fisherman asked, "But, how long will this all take?"
To which the American replied, "15-20 years."
"But what then?"
The American laughed and said that's the best part. "When the time is right you would announce an IPO and sell your company stock to the public and become very rich, you would make millions."
"Millions... Then what?"
The American said, "Then you would retire. Move to a small coastal fishing village where you would sleep late, fish a little, play with your kids, take siesta with your wife, stroll to the village in the evenings where you could sip wine and play your guitar with your amigos."
*'Empty vessels make the most sound'
You can contact me by leaving a message on the talk page or;
emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org
In case you were wondering, I am Australian.