Some small updates about the sequels:
- Water will be heavily involved in Avatar 2.
- There currently is a lot of R&D going on, presumably (among many other things) to get the mo-cap technology fitted for underwater shooting.
- James Cameron is on his 2500 acres farm in the Wairarapa region in New Zealand which he bought and moved to in fall 2012, making good progress on writing the sequels. (photos, map)
- Judging by a recent interview excerpt, he seems quite self-confident:
Do you ever feel the pressure of topping yourself? And do you have a release date you can share with us for "Avatar 2 and 3?"
- Cameron: "Pressure, no. It's a little daunting because sequels are always tricky. You have to be surprising and stay ahead of audience anticipation. At the same time, you have to massage their feet with things that they know and love about the first film. I've walked that line in the past, so I'm not too worried about it. At the same time, I definitely have to deliver the goods…As for a release date that will be determined by when I get the script out. No pressure!"