|Welcome to my talk page!|
|Hello! Welcome to my talk page. As I'm an admin, you can leave a message at the bottom, and make sure your comments comply with the talk page and user policies, and sign your username with four tildes(~~~~).|
Archives: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11
Need Some Advice! Edit
Hey Matias! I already posted this on your talk page on the Wikia Community Central, but I don't know if you got it, so I'm gonna post it here, too. I think you're an excellent role model and really good fro giving out advice, so I have a quick quesion for you. One of my best friends (he is the nicest guy I have EVER met; and I am very social) is going out with this girl that I absolutely hate! She used to have a posse of girls that would push around a lot of my friends. One of my best friends got fed up with her crap and stood up to her. The mean girl got so pissed off that she started to leave "I hate you" notes for her. Also, her mother used to bully one of my family members, so I've had quite a few issues with this chick. Anyways, my friend doesn't know that this girl is a (sorry) bitch. I am not really close with him, because I have not known him very long, yet at the same time, I do feel as though I've known him my whole life. So, I'm lost. I can't very well tell her to flick off or beat her up, 'cause I'm a guy and she's a girl, but I don't want her to change who my friend is or treat him like a piece of shit, which is how she treats everyone else. Do you have any advice, Matias? Thanks.
- Hi again, sorry for my late response. I've been on the beach for the last few days, so I haven't had the chance to answer you yet. About your problem, unfortunately you can not change other people and if you try and warn your friend about her, it could damage your friendship. I would suggest that you let things play out, as the truth always comes out eventually and people get back what they give.
- If that doesn't work for you, you could try to talk to your friend really nicely and calmly and tell him what's going on. Maybe, after a while, he may realize that the girl is toxic and he may back off. Those kind of relationships never last too long and they are never serious, so don't worry. I've never been in this kind of situation, but I hope this is useful. Take care, --((((Matias)))) ~ Talk IRC 22:18, January 30, 2011 (UTC)
Thank you for your help, Matias! (As usual, this has helped me a lot) I kinda know that their relationship won't last long; what concerns me is that he may be too nice to dump her..... :)
Good news! Edit
Hey Matias! I have some good news! I just got told that I am a new administrator of Big Time Rush WikI! I just thought you'd like to know. But don't worry, I'll still be on Avatar Wiki a ton.
Tsu'tey te Rongloa Ateyitan 17:27, February 6, 2011 (UTC)Tsu'tey te Rongloa Ateyitan
- That's amazing, congrats. I know you will do an amazing job. Good luck, --((((Matias)))) ~ Talk IRC 02:37, February 7, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks. I'm not gonna constantly be on there, though. I just thought it would be cool to be an administrator, but Avatar Wiki is still the best. (Plus, it is SO much more organized) L8R!
- * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
- * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I will be removing the Awards from the site if that's still what you want to happen. Let me know, I'm planning on pulling them down tomorrow morning. Cheers, Sena 03:31, February 7, 2011 (UTC)
In search of scientific information Edit
I would like to ask you a question regarding the information you published on the Avatar Wikia: from where you got all the geological information regarding Pandora? Thanks a lot.
- Hi, we have gathered information from several official places and guides. The first one would be the movie, obviously, and all the information we could take from it, avoiding speculation; the second one is Pandorapedia, the official field guide created by Cameron and his team; the third source would be the Survival Guide, the official book guide that contains a lot of significant information about Avatar and Pandora; and finally, Ingame Pandorapedia, the encyclopedia that appears inside the Avatar videogame.
- I hope that this helps you in your search of scientific information. The Avatar Wiki is always well sourced and there's no place for speculation, so feel free to explore it and gather the information that you need. --((((Matias)))) ~ Talk IRC 16:22, February 8, 2011 (UTC)
Nope, those place articles aren't mine. I'll get them up to the standard of the others later today. --Cadellin 12:10, February 19, 2011 (UTC)
Heh Heh Heh EditI have a secret ... I know what our bureaucrat looks like ... and that information will only be revealed to the highest bidder. ;-P Just teasing Spidey, you know I would NEVER do that! Oh wait! I have just received a very tempting offer from one of our users! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. And you aren't even here to defend yourself. Heh Heh Heh
- And I have a secret as well. I know how one of our Wiki shamans look like... and that information can be revelaed whenever I want :P Faern has offered me a considerable ammount of money to reveal your picture. Maybe that way I will be able to attend the Con, so consider it as a good investment. I am back, muahaha... --((((Matias)))) ~ Talk IRC 02:09, February 21, 2011 (UTC)
I am planning on making an account soon. Before I do that I have two questions. First what would you do with a registrants email address after they submitted it? Second of all if you made contributions before you made an account would they carry over to the new account? I would really appreciate if you answered both of these questions. Jacob 126.96.36.199 03:17, February 20, 2011 (UTC)
- Hi there. First of all, we would love to have you included in our community. About your questions: Wikia keeps the list of emails in its database, to contact you in case your account has any updates; it is not made public, and only the Wikia staff has access to it. Wikia only counts the contributions you make as a user. That means that your contributions as an anon can't be transfered to your new account. I hope that helps and to see you around. --((((Matias)))) ~ Talk IRC 02:02, February 21, 2011 (UTC)
Main Page Edit
My vote is for the main page as designed by Faern.--IWantheUltimateChange 08:44, February 24, 2011 (UTC)
Hey just giving you a heads up, someone compleatly ruined the link info, by saying i love butts*x, can you possibly retrive the data before??
- Which link info? Could you be more specific please? As this is a late answer it probably has already been fixed, anyway. Thanks for the heads up! --((((Matias)))) ~ Talk IRC 22:47, March 8, 2011 (UTC)
Long Time, No See! Edit
Hey, Matias! Long time, no see! Anyways, remember how my best friend was going out with that snotty little b*tch? Well, they're breaking up after she called him a bunch of words that I should not say here :). Apparently, she has moved on, because she is already flirting with someone else, but I really don't care anymore. Also, I need some advice and some help. I started a new Wiki based on the James Cameron film Titanic (You can find a link here: James Cameron's Titanic Wiki ), and being that the Avatar Wiki is so successful, do you have any tips for how to make mine better? Also, can you get anyone that you know that is willing to help out on my Wiki to come over to my Wiki? I need major help! We only have 2 users! (including me!) If you can't help, then it's fine, I was just asking. Anyways, thanks!
- Nice to talk to you again, Tsu'tey. Good to know that your best friend broke up with his girlfriend, I guess. If she was such a bad influence, then it is for the best. Don't worry about it too much, let it go. Now, about your wiki; first of all, always remember that starting a brand new wiki is hard, and creating a user base takes time. This wiki was lucky because Avatar was such a huge success, and it coincided with its release. Also, it's also good to remember that Titanic's fan base is not quite big, considering its romance/adventure topic.
- Anyway, first of all, I would suggest you to adopt another domain name. The other Titanic Wiki is actually abandoned, and it has a domain name that is much more easy to locate. Another tip would be to create an ass kicking wordmark, skin and main page. When you have enough articles you can request a wordmark and skin to Wikia, if you don't have design artistic skills that are good enough for that. As for a main page, you can copy this design and structure, if you like it of course.
- The first step is to create articles, fill them with useful and appealing information and make the wiki more attractive. Do that yourself and help will come, that's what happened to this wiki. Just give your best if you really want your new wiki to succeed, because, again, it is not easy. Then you could add images, infoboxes and whatever you find that is the way to go. I would recommend that you take image attribution and article comments away, they don't really help at all. Another tip: making featured article voting when you know there are only 2 active members is not a good idea, at least for now.
- That's all I can think of right now, and I really hope it helps, I've been in your position several times before, and I requested help as well. This wiki didn't build up out of nowhere. Good luck with your wiki, and if you need me anytime, you know that I am always around willing to help you or anyone else. Cheers, --((((Matias)))) ~ Talk IRC 22:44, March 8, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks for the tips, Matias! They were extremely helpful! But about the design and structure, how do I copy it? Do I just copy it like I do any other image and paste it or what? Anyways, thanks a lot!!!! TTYL!
Avatar 2 Edit
Good Evening Spidey ~ I don't think I like your senior year of school because you are too busy and I miss you. :-( I want to say nice things about your closing comment on the Avatar 2 update blog ... asking us to keep Japan and her people in our thoughts and including a link for donations. That was very sweet and thoughtful of you. Maybe you aren't so bad after all. :-P
Oh yeah, one more idea ... on our opening page where it shows we are partners with Tree of Souls ... it is a very tiny logo, almost unreadable ... can you make it bigger? Our logo on their site is HUGE!
- Heh, I wasn't even aware of this message, whoops =P I do like my senior year a lot, it's busy, but extremely fun and a whole new experience. I also miss you and the wiki, but school is always first :/ Of course I had to say something nice about Japan, they even had another earthquake two days ago. Poor people, my prayers are with them. See, I'm not such a terrible kid =P
- About the ToS logo, yes, I agree, it's tiny. I still want to add the new main page design soon. Seriously, we need it now. It's a tie between the admins, but I'm the boss so who cares =P Whenever I have time I'll switch the designs, and there will be a special section for our partner sites. Take care, -((((Matias)))) ~ Talk IRC 00:08, April 10, 2011 (UTC)
One of my many problems I usually have! Edit
Hey Matias! It doesn't appear that you got my last message, but how do I copy the design and structure that you showed me onto my Wiki? I also have a quick question for you. Can you help me out with my Wiki by creating some template pages for me? I suck at that kinda stuff and I know you have a lot more experience. Thanks!
Tsu'tey te Rongloa Ateyitan 21:13, April 2, 2011 (UTC)Tsu'tey te Rongloa Ateyitan
Sorry for the inconvenience, but I am planning on shutting down the Titanic Wiki with the permission of the other administrator. I have, however, created a Battle: Los Angeles Wiki, and I will need help with creating templates on that Wiki. If you can help, that would be great. Thanks so much!
- Hey, sorry for this extremely late reply. I've been very, but very busy with my last year of school; projects, homework, university preparation, essays, plus personal/social stuff has taken all of my time. I have to say that my involvement with the wiki will also be affected, but I will be around to check it once in a while. I'm sorry to hear you're deleting the Titanic Wiki, I know how much work and time you've spent on it, are you sure of the decision? For this new wiki, what do you need? The main pain design as well, or just templates? First try to copy the codes and see what happens. If you keep having problems, let me know so I can check it out. Also there's a forum at the Community Central that gives some useful ideas, plus the Wikia staff is always willing to help. Cheers, --((((Matias)))) ~ Talk IRC 00:01, April 10, 2011 (UTC)
- Hey Matias! That's fine that you've been busy with school; I understand how frustrating school is. It's especially frustrating with all the homework and the mean teachers. It's a shame your involvement with the Wiki will be affected, but you have a life outside of Pandora! :) I was kinda sad to shut down the Titanic Wiki, but I could not cite my sources, and it's so hard to keep a fan base going with a film that came out 14 years ago. More than half the pages on the Wiki are stubs, and I am positive that I cannot keep creating pages when I hardly have any information. The Battle: Los Angeles Wiki will be easier to attract people to because it's more recent. The only problem will be that it's hard to find information on the characters online, and it's hard to remember everything from the movie, but that doesn't mean that it can't be done. Um, I will need help with templates because I have spent hours trying to figure them out, but I'll try to copy the code for the main page design. Thanks so much for all the helpful tips! Good luck with school!
- I don't consider school frustrating, honestly; I find it extremely fun in class with friends, sometimes boring in the middle of chemistry or math for example, but with your friends next to me, it's very hard to get bored. What I consider boring/long, not frustrating, is homework and projects, those take a lot of my free time. And I don't have any mean teachers, do you? =P
- I also think that it is very hard to work on something that was released so long ago. Maybe it was the best decision to just shut it down. And I also have to say, honestly, that Battle: Los Angeles will get old in a couple of months unless a sequel is released. I'm going to travel this midnight during Easter, so when I'm back I'll try to help you, ok? Just let me know next week so I don't forget =P Take care, --((((Matias)))) ~ Talk IRC 23:04, April 20, 2011 (UTC)
Not a problem! I hope you enjoy your vacation! And, I am currently dealing with a few very mean teachers. One told me not to worry and that I was still perfectly normal! One goes into the school parish and smokes at lunch. She also imitated a drunk woman in class. :) So, clearly, they're mean and weird. Anyways, thanks for helping me out! Oh, and I spruced up the main page for Battle: Los Angeles Wiki. When you come back, I think you should check it out! Oh, and if you get a chance, can you check out the first chapter of my novel? You can find it here. (Oh, it's my Avatar novel, I thought I should mention that because I write a lot of books!) :) I'll talk to you later! Have a great Easter!
- Tsu'tey te Rongloa Ateyitan 21:24, April 22, 2011 (UTC)Tsu'tey te Rongloa Ateyitan
I would be greatly obliged if you could read my blog. As you created the wiki you are a legend. Please read my blog. Pretty please with biscuits and cheese.Neytiri765 17:11, May 7, 2011 (UTC)
It would be really appreciated if you would sign your comment. We cannot determine who you are unless you sign your posts. You can sign your post by typing in four tildes (~) and then type your username. Thanks!
Tsu'tey te Rongloa Ateyitan 17:09, April 20, 2011 (UTC)Tsu'tey te Rongloa Ateyitan
- Hello there. I read your blog, thanks for the heads up. And, by the way, I'm not a legend, haha... I just created the wiki, and it grew with the help of some amazing users. If you still want to believe that I'm a legend, I won't stop you =P Just kidding, thanks for contacting me anyway ;) --((((Matias)))) ~ Talk IRC 23:08, April 20, 2011 (UTC)
Movie Clips and Favorite PicsEdit
hello matias. i am neytiri765. The previous message was from me :) . Well i have a problem. everytime I publish my blog (movie clips and favourite pics) the 2nd time I visit it is gone and no longer there. when i go on following, blogs, i see its name. however instead of being blue it was red. i think that means that someone has deleted it. But no-one is leaving a message to say that they have deleted it. I would really like to know who,what or how it is being either dissappearing or being deleted. I am not very well known and do not know how to sort this situation out. PLEASE COULD YOU HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Neytiri765 17:17, May 7, 2011 (UTC)
- It doesn't say anything. You know when you are editing something and you have chosen the name for the blog post but not wrote anything. it just comes up with that! The editing page. what does that mean?Neytiri765 14:23, May 8, 2011 (UTC)
- Then you were not on your blog's page: User_blog:Neytiri765/movie_clips_and_favourite_pics!!!. There is also the page Special:Log where everything (including deletions) is logged. Faern. 3D-HD-Pics 15:17, May 8, 2011 (UTC)
- faern you deleted it. Why? Was it unsuitable or something. Please tell me why you deleted it.Neytiri765 16:13, May 8, 2011 (UTC)
- But I didn't make it for the sake of it. i saw avataraaddicted profile and saw that he had loads of his favourite film clips. I didn't want these in my profile so I decided to make a blog about it. here are my reasons that Faern shouldn't have deleted it:
- I might not have finished creating it and I could have made it a bit more bloggy (if that's a real word).
- It was my blog. It wasn't her blog. Personally i feel that you shouldn't be able to delete other pepole's blogs. I wouldn't dream of deleting someone else's blogs. it is the same as scribbling all over someone's books or things that they have wrote (i know someone who does this and he does it to me!).
- This is my final reason. I put alot of effort into it. It took me ages to write down all of my favourite parts of the film. What's worse is that I threw the piece of paper I wrote these on in our woodburner. When i couldn't find it I thought it was a glitch so I had to write all my favourite parts of the film down again.
Neytiri765 16:05, May 9, 2011 (UTC)
I'm sorry, but if you want a collection of Avatar pics, you should keep it to yourself either by posting some of them into your talk page or just in an archive. Please don't use public wiki spaces (such as blogs, other people's talk pages or articles) to display them. Keep in mind the following Avatar Wiki policies:
- No fair use Avatar images unless already used elsewhere - Fair use images of Avatar, that is, any screenshots and images whose copyrights belong to Warner Brothers, can only be used on user pages if the image is already in use elsewhere on the wiki. In short, this means that users should not upload Avatar screenshots specifically for their user pages.
- Every non-free image is used on Avatar Wiki under the auspices of as Fair use under U.S. fair use laws. This means that they are used for informational/educational purposes, meant to identity the subject of an article and to illustrate something directly relevant to the text in its immediate vicinity.
- Cool, happy birthday again, I hope you had a great day :) --((((Matias)))) ~ Talk IRC 04:04, May 12, 2011 (UTC)
Follow Me :D
Hi Spidey ~ am I the only one who thinks the blogs and messages posted by Rivn.Athena are way beyond creepy?????? Is their content even acceptable on our wiki? I know, I know, I am sounding like the content police. :P
13:29, May 13, 2011 (UTC)
- I took care of that Indonesian spammer. Faern. 3D-HD-Pics 14:04, May 13, 2011 (UTC)
Whoo Hoo .... Faern to the rescue once again! You are going to get the reputation of being the Terminator (along with several other personas)! ;-) How did you know he was Indonesian? Was that the language he was using? I thought it was something invented by Dr. Suess. LOL
Sleepy Spidey .... the early bird (Faern) catches the worm (Rivn.Athena). **hee hee** Puppy Face
- Oh damn, I missed a vandal... I just need to block someone, for the good times =P --((((Matias)))) ~ Talk IRC 18:02, May 13, 2011 (UTC)
Hmmmmmmmmmm Spidey .... nice guys start getting mean once they are a senior in high school. ;) If you wait patiently for two more days, you may have the opportunity to re-block someone. But you will have to be fast .... faster than Faern. :P
Avatar Movie Club WikiEdit
Hey, Matias, I am with Avatar Movie Club Wiki, and I'm looking for assistance desgnng our wiki page. I saw how you have this one laid out, and love it :) (Not trying to rip you guys off, but we're looking to design ours somewhat like this one is laid out. If you don't mind, email me back at Vitraya.Txanstew.Kxani@Gmail.com. Thanks!
Liana plant edit Edit
I only recently joined the wiki and I've being going through the movie looking for new plants, well hidden ones and I found a few, and one was the liana... The article said it's first appearence was in the mobile game but if you pause the movie at the moment were the toruk lands on the "vines" (while he's chasing Jake and Neytiri) he clearly lands on a vine with purple and blue leaves..just like the liana. Could I edit this, or maybe you instead because I'm new to this. :D—Preceding unsigned comment added by Overkill77 (talk • contribs)
- Your screen must be calibrated wrong if you think this is purple and blue. It's green with a slightly blueish hue which could be the result of the lighting. PS: Please always sign your comments with 4 tildes (~). Faern. 3D-HD-Pics 18:29, June 18, 2011 (UTC)
Hey Matias! Long time, no see, huh? Well, even though I technically can't see you, but... Unless you're referring to the Na'vi greeting, but... Just...never mind! :) Anyways, I wanted to apologize for not contributing to the Wiki as I should. I haven't been on because I'm still working on expanding Battle: Los Angeles Wiki. It's going pretty well; I've acquired quite a few more users, although we're still working on expanding a lot of the articles that are rather...small, or ones that I know can be expanded. Anyways, I'm hoping to be on this Wiki a lot more now. I'm really trying to get my Wiki to reach the standards necessary for us to get a Wikia Spotlight, because I know that can get us a lot more users and contributors. :) Anyways, just wanted to tell you that I didn't drop dead or anything... :) Ttyl! (Oh, and how do you like my new sig? It looks like an arrow going through my username because Tsu'tey was a hunter and... Ugh, there I go again with the rambling. I'm just gonna stop talking!) Later!
<---Tsu'tey te Rongloa Ateyitan---> 18:39, July 19, 2011 (UTC)
- Hey Tsu'tey. No worries, you don't need to apologize or anything. People are free to go and come back in this wiki; not that we're going to take revenge and kill you =P How are you doing with your wiki, by the way? Is there going to be a sequel or anything? That helps. Well, if you're back, welcome back! And your sig is cool. --((((Matias)))) ~ Talk IRC 01:07, July 22, 2011 (UTC)
My Wiki is going very well, thanks for asking! The main cast member of the film (Aaron Eckhart) would like to return for a sequel, and I believe that sending one of my persuasive letters may help with the sequel! I'm planning on trying to write a letter to the director of the film, Jonathan Liebsman, although we don't want him keeping our Avatar stars too busy, being that he's working on a sequel to Clash of the Titans (which involves Sam Worthington) and possibly a Battle:LA sequel (which involves Michelle Rodriguez)! Also, thanks for the welcome back! I'm really glad to be back and plan on editing a lot more often. I just never seem able to find the time to do it, and I'm really trying hard to work on my Wiki but not be too involved with it. Also, I am sorry for sort of getting you involved in the little skirmish on Na'viJay1's blog about Eytukan. (sorry, I don't feel like linking it right now, I'm tired... :P) Anyways, thanks and I hope to talk to you soon! :)
Oh, and by the way, congrats on making your 5,000 edit! ;)
<---Tsu'tey te Rongloa Ateyitan---> 23:27, July 22, 2011 (UTC)
- It would be amazing if Aaron Eckhart returned for a sequel. Although I haven't seen Battle: LA yet, I'm planning to doing so soon. Is it good? Don't worry about the Na'viJay1 skirmish, he was clearly imposing over you and the other users, you had the right to defend that fact. Thanks for the 5000 edits congrats! --((((Matias)))) ~ Talk IRC 23:32, July 22, 2011 (UTC)
Um, the film kind of had a rough beginning but gradually got better. Acquiring all these users who know so much about the technology in the film is great, because I knew nothing about that stuff! :) Michelle Rodriguez definitely played a great part, but they needed more background for a lot of the characters, something that is hard to get unless you have a director like James Cameron. You would like Battle:LA; some of the action sequences are similar to that of Avatar, but Avatar is still clearly better. :) I cannot get over that damn film - I'm still sitting in the theater with my mouth open I am so awestruck by it! I hope I don't catch flies! ;) Anyways, thanks a lot for the help with the Na'viJay1 skirmish. I really appreciate it. Thanks a lot, and I hope to talk to you soon!
<---Tsu'tey te Rongloa Ateyitan---> 18:30, July 24, 2011 (UTC)
5,000 Edits! OMG Edit
Hi Spidey ~ this is to congratulate you on 5,000 edits .... that is a whole bunch of input you have given our wiki. We appreciate every single one of them. Thank you, forever and always, for who you are.
Also, I want to tell you that you showed a lot of class in your comment to that NaviJay person. Where have all of these angry people come from? Possibly they have gotten blocked from other forums? :/
To explain a little about my being the liaison for the 2012 Uniting of the Clans. The idea for another meetup started forming during our Seattle meetup in June. We had such of an AWESOME time that we wanted to meet back in Seattle next year. Everyone agreed it was too soon to go big and they wanted to start slower at first instead of planning a big convention-type event.
A Committee formed with Tree of Souls leaders and LearnNa'vi leaders .... with the other forums given one liaison position to the Committee .... liaisons are only allowed to vote on some issues. They weren't even going to include us because I am the only one from our entire wiki who made the effort to spread the word about the first Seattle meetup and the only one to attend the meetup. I told them that we are a partner site and we have contributed an invaluable service to fandom through our wiki .... we deserve the courtesy of being included in the planning. Since they all know me, I volunteered to be the contact/liaison for our wiki.
The Committee approved my request two days ago and, so, here I am. This Committee stuff has all essentially taken place during the past week (that I know of) and you have, understandably, been very involved in your senior year and not available. I think this should put you current on the Seattle plans. Any questions or suggestions?
- 5000 edits?! I didn't see that! That's amazing news, thanks for noticing. If there's one person who would had noticed, that's you. Thanks. I edited every single edit from the bottom of my heart... okay, not really, but it still took a lot of time and dedication =P
- Yeah, I'm amazed at those Na'viJay1 guy's responses. I should clarify that not every teenager is as bitter and whiny as he is. If he got blocked from other forums, I can totally understand why.
- I think it's an amazing idea you guys decided to hold another Avatar Meeting, you must have had a really amazing time in Seattle. Also, I'm amazed at your organization, the Committee has already planned a date, name and place. Learn Na'vi and Tree of Souls have the bigger user base since they're a forum, so it's understandable they are all part of the Committee; you being the liaison for our wiki is an honor, although probably you should have asked us first if we wanted you to represent our site =P Not that we would deny it, only that we would want to make sure you will represent as the best way possible (which I see you are). Good luck with that.
- I think it's amazing you have such a good relationship with people from other Avatar sites, that way we're always sure we have a good contact. Yeah, school has kept me a bit busy but nothing to worry about =P But I'm not free enough to be part of a meeting organization that isn't happening near my country (not that I don't want to, only that things get complicated). Thanks for the updates, I appreciate them. Questions? Well, are you going to keep posting blogs on the wiki to keep us all updated? About suggestions, I believe there have been enough ideas and suggestions on blogs and forums, I really can't brainstorm more than that! I don't know were those people get ideas from... =P --((((Matias)))) ~ Talk IRC 23:28, July 22, 2011 (UTC)
- Spidey, you are welcome to propose anyone that you want for a liaison to the Committee .... it won't hurt my feelings .... just trying to help. Bear in mind that they weren't even going to include us until I convinced them that we had a right to be represented. I suggest you contact Aketuan at firstname.lastname@example.org and nominate someone; he will submit their name to the committee for approval, which should be no problem. As I said, it really will be fine with me; I only wanted to make sure that Avatar Wiki was acknowledged.
Avatar Wiki Policies Edit
Hey Matias! I had a question for you, being that you're the "big cheese." :) Um, would it be okay if I could use some of your policies (and the policy articles) for the Battle: Los Angeles Wiki? I also wanted to know if it was okay that I used your article on Michelle Rodriguez article on the Wiki? I put down where I got it from in the "sources" section. I was just checking to make sure it was okay with you. Later!
<---Tsu'tey te Rongloa Ateyitan---> 15:08, July 30, 2011 (UTC)
- Matias does not own any article in this wiki (nor any other single person here). The CC-by-SA license, that every wiki on wikia.com has to comply to, pretty much says that you may copy and modify articles in whatever way you like as long as you put a reference back to the originator, which would be a link to the article you copied in this case. This is the only requirement of CC-by-SA. So, you technically don't need to ask anyone for permission (that's the point of the license). Faern. 3D-HD-Pics 22:55, July 30, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks Faern, I did not know that. See, I can't focus on stuff that I don't think concerns me, and I'm very stubborn, so yeah... Thanks for telling me! :P
<---Tsu'tey te Rongloa Ateyitan---> 20:55, July 31, 2011 (UTC)
Help request about translated version Edit
Hello there! I don't know if I'm writing it out in the proper place, but I just wanted to say I'm building a [Brazilian Portuguese version] of this wiki and I would need some help about how I should to do that. I'm new on wikia and I would be glad if someone could help me. Thanks in advance and sorry for anything!
--Ajwsert 15:36, September 16, 2011 (UTC)
It's Kate, we've talked on the Terra Nova Wiki :) The mainpage of the James Cameron Avatar looks amazing (of course) but there's problems with the ad pushing the mainpage down under the "Avatar Wiki" header. Would you and the other admins consider putting the "Avatar Wiki" header on the left?
Let me know!
(talk) 22:09, September 26, 2011 (UTC)
Wouldn't squeezing the "Avatar Wiki" header to the left just leave more room for the annoying ads? The ads have just about taken over the mainpage already.
Sometimes the ads are longer and it will push the header down regardless which will push everything else down :(
Which is why it's best if there's nothing going all the across the page.
(talk) 23:14, September 26, 2011 (UTC)
- If there are inconsistencies in the resolution of ads, I think this is an issue for Wikia to resolve. We decided against a strict two column layout when we created it. It is ordinary and makes our wiki look like a well-structured news website with headlines on the left and less important things on the right. Our implementation also makes sure that the site looks the same for people with ad blockers. If we cannot rely on certain limitations of size for the ads, this may be unfortunate for a small amount of visitors, but, since we cannot change the format or position of in-article ads for some inscrutable reason, it is up to Wikia to ensure a level of consistency. Faern. 3D-HD-Pics 03:31, September 27, 2011 (UTC)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATIAS !!!!! EditFELIZ DIA TO YOU
FELIZ DIA TO YOU
FELIZ DIA DEAR SPIDEY
FELIZ DIA TO YOU
I stayed up all night baking this cake for you. ** yawn** Betsy, your llama ate the first one I baked ..... she ate the whole thing.! Bad Betsy ! Sick Betsy ! :P
I know this past year has been a very exciting one for you ..... and your future looks so bright that you will need to wear sunglasses. :D Enjoy every minute of your birthday and of the coming year.
12:22, October 6, 2011 (UTC)
I didn't know it was your birthday until I saw the pictures of the balloons, so... happy birthday, Matias! :) I hope it's your best one yet! And for the record, that is one awesome cake... Love it. ;)
<---Tsu'tey te Rongloa Ateyitan---> 22:35, October 6, 2011 (UTC)
THANK YOU guys! Linda, you remembered my birthday was today! (Unlike last year... just kidding, I already forgave you that one). And you posted videos on my Facebook wall! Beatles videos! You know me way to much, don't you? =P I'm sorry Betsy ate my first cake, but don't worry, I have many of those right now.
This was an awesome birthday. In school, everything was pretty normal beside the polite "happy birthdays", but in the Pre (you know what that is), later that day, everything got amazing. I got a lot of presents, especially letters. Those letters just got into me, really. I'm so blessed to have friends like that. Including you, of course! Later that night, I went to a friend's house to gather with my closest friends and we ate pizza, watched some movies, and ate donuts they gave to me in the Pre. What's even better, I got more presents today at the Pre. So yeah, you don't need to send me that secret gift you were planning to mail me =P
Thanks Tsu'tey, I really appreciate it. I feel so old right now... 17 years are behind me. Damn, time really flies.
- Yeah Ozzy, that's the exciting part =P Thanks mate. --((((Matias)))) ~ Talk IRC 14:29, October 8, 2011 (UTC)
- My Dear Friend Who Is Now 17 ....... yikes! Hadn't you just turned 15 when you founded this wiki? You are pretty amazing ! Your birthday sounds like it was awesome ..... I tried to convince all of your friends to pretend they forgot about it; but, they didn't pay attention to your crazy "auntie". :P I also sent you an ecard that might have ended up in your spam ..... so see if you can find it ok ..... I actually said a few nice things about you. I am very happy that you had so many good friends to celebrate with ..... I can see that you have become very close to everyone in the Pre. Oh yeah, what is the deal with your having Chicken Crispers at Chili's Chacarilla? Heh Heh ..... I have my sources ..... muhahahahahahahahah. I am anxious for your school year to be over so you will finally have some play time .... I have missed you. <3 Hugs to Spidey. Linda
- Happy B-Day Matius. Well, Belated anyway. I'd post a pic of an avatar birthday cake, I'm getting rather good with MS Paint, being a member of Jurassic Park Legacy and DeviantArt will do that to ya. Well, anyway, again, happy belated Birthday!!!!Jhayk' Sulliy 06:43, October 9, 2011 (UTC)
- Hi Dear Spidey ~ I really enjoyed our conversation today ..... we had too much to catch up on didn't we? Only two more months of school ..... will Pre be finished at the same time? Two proms coming up, eh ..... don't you dare forget that I want a pic of you in your tuxedo ..... yes, I know you will be embarrassed; but you will have to get over it. LOL Enjoy the rest of your vacation because it will be a wild ride for the next two months and then you will be finished with your senior year. Take good care of you. <3 Hugs to Spidey from Puppy Face.
I'm kinda late for this, sorry. Anyway, thanks for the wishes Jhayk'! Linda, I also enjoyed the other night's conversation; we hadn't talked in weeks! Two more months of school and Pre. And getting ready for the Proms. Don't worry, I'll send you a couple of pics :D --((((Matias)))) ~ Talk IRC 04:12, October 14, 2011 (UTC)
Inception Wiki Edit
- Okay, you're now a Bureaucrat on the Inception Wiki. --((((Matias)))) ~ Talk IRC 20:21, October 18, 2011 (UTC)
- Bastian can take my place, as I don't contribute there anymore. I'll demote myself back to a normal user on the wiki since having three bureaucrats on a wiki seems a bit excessive. Azaelius 21:04, October 18, 2011 (UTC)
Hello, Matias! Sorry to bother you on your Avatar wiki, but someone told me that I should talk to you because I was wondering if there was a way I could become a Mentalist wiki admin? I've been adding a lot of information/pics/pages to the site lately, bringing me to the thought of becoming an admin. If you have any advice or insight on that, that would be great! Thanks a bunch.
Christina (crj911) 05:54, January 1, 2012 (UTC)Christina (crj911)
Avatar articles and more Edit
Iv'e just created a thanator and mountain banshee article on wikipedia but It was deleted by a bot. I did copyright word for word. A bot sent me a message saying I may not be able to do that unless approved by the reference website. Is that legal to do if yes can You help or gather others to create more avatar articles for wikipedia on the creature fauna technology and everything else. If I cannot copyright could I just change the word meaning to a differnt one to my own words or style. It just would be good to have avatar articles on wikipedia because it links to other things like a thanators sensor quills is like mammals sensory stimulation whiskers to detect prey. This wiki does not have all info on quills whiskers like wikipedia does. Do you guys allow to put and make more article info on creatures attributes and trates. I think this wiki should have every detail and sequence of event added to its bio or what ever technology it is. Is there a detailed story plot synopsis on the whole avatar story.Do you guys accept adding info to possible action of creatures acting in different elemental climates that is not shown in the film, or future roles it may have. When does the thriller avatar book come out. Do you know any avatar pandora websites or fantasy sites that show a lot of info. If your interested in plasma physics I created a (list of plasma physics articles) on wikipedia Mr.avatar fanatic superstatic fantastic job you did on edits.
Link Removal Edit
Hi, Matias, I was wondering if you could just remove the sentence with the link that goes to my sig requests page in the welcome template. I've just put up a notice that I retired from it because of college.
- Thought I'd save Matias the trouble and deleted the message on the welcome template and also in the community messages board. --IWantheUltimateChange 05:34, January 31, 2012 (UTC)
Block this user pleaseEdit
Hey matias, tis Cadellin. Ive just spent about a quarter of an hour undoing every single edit this guy made. can we block him please? 188.8.131.52
thankyou ^^ --Cadellin 16:42, March 9, 2012 (UTC)
- He's been blocked. --LuckyMan 17:53, March 9, 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks guys. He was at it for like half an hour, but stopped as soon as he noticed me reverting all the changes. Just putting together some new articles from the DS game, see you round! --Cadellin 22:43, March 9, 2012 (UTC)
I would like to congratulate you on an amazing, and superior wiki to all others I have found. This is so well made, I almost couldn't believe it when I found it. I hope you have an excellent day.Catch ya on the Flip Side! (talk) 19:24, April 25, 2013 (UTC)
Hi, Matias Edit
Hi Matias, i'am a french author who use wikia since 2008 and i have reals originals works in " Avatar's Spirit, i have make requet at director James Cameron for the undestanding. I request to the administrators really respect of my work publish on this wikia, it's really important for the following of " Avatar directed by James Cameron.
I'll promise to respect this wikia. It's in this condition that i make publishing on my profil page.
Thank for your good understanding.
I am trying to join Wikia, but....
Your thing is sending me the confirming email...but...I don't receive it!
I have checked everyting on my end...the email is correct...time, last night....
Have you seen my post on how to bring Quaritch back?
- Hi and welcome to Avatar Wiki. Matias has not been around for a while, so I will answer on his behalf. If your confirmation email did not end up in your spam folder, I suggest to directly contact Wikia via Special:Contact because we have nothing to do with Wikia's registration process and therefore cannot help you. I am not sure if email confirmation is even required to edit pages. When I registered in 2009, it wasn't, but things might have changed. Faern. 3D-HD-Pics 15:02, June 12, 2013 (UTC)
Question how do you think i should deal with WarBlade? Byzantinefire 05:02, August 5, 2013 (UTC)
i couldn't find james cameron avatar game match with my imac exept at the torrent , and after downloaded it , i need to buy a serial number to launch the game , can i buy a valid serial number from you ?
Distance Pandora-Polyphemus Edit
At the moment I'm working on a school project about Pandora and his Motherplanet polyphemus. Now I want to do some calculations for my work. Do you know the distace between Pamdora and polyphemus, or even a page with a list of facts (mass, size...)? It would make thinks way more easy. If youdon't know it, it would be greate if somebody have the period of Pandora or Polyphemus.
Greetings from User2020
Diameter 11447 km Mass 0.72 Earths Gravity 0.8 g Atmospheric density 1.2 Earths Surface pressure 0.9 atm
As for data on Alpha Centauri A itself, Wikipedia has this info:
- Polyphemus is about the size of Saturn which is ~120,000 km in diameter at its equator. You might be able to get a rough estimate of the distance to Pandora by setting their diameters into relation using images. The best available images with both, moon and planet, can be found in the Pandora Discovered "documentary". The video mentions a mass of 0.12M (=12% of Suns mass) for Polyphemus which is about 2.4×1029 kg. Faern. 3D-HD-Pics 20:24, February 19, 2014 (UTC)
Do you think that Quaritch's goal is eradicate entire Na'vi species so nothing can stand in RDA's way?
I am an employee at Lightstorm Entertainment; the production company owned my film director James Cameron. We are very impressed with this Wiki and we wanted to thank you for your hard work, as well as the work from the additional administrators and contributors. Although impressive, we noticed there is some inaccurate information and we would like to assist with making some minor corrections as well as updates as the sequels approach.
I wanted to ask if there is a way I could send you a private message in hopes to prove my employment and to become an administrator on this page? We are please that so many fans still visit this page, and we want to help make it as accurate as possible. It is not our goal to get in the way of your progress; we just want to help.
Thank you very much!
184.108.40.206 22:12, August 11, 2014 (UTC)xfactor1010
- Hi and welcome to the Avatar Wiki. I just saw your post. It's nice to see someone from Lightstorm recognize this wiki. Matias isn't active anymore, not until the next movie at least. You can contact me or LuckyMan on our respective talk pages. Your IP address is proof enough for me that you actually are from Lightstorm.
- You don't need admin privileges to make changes to pages, unless you need to delete some page or ban a user, in which case you can contact one of us. Just create an account and go ahead. If you are not experienced with editing wikis, you may want to have a look at this page or ask me.
- Thanks for your continued hard work on the Avatar franchise. =)
- Faern. 3D-HD-Pics 08:11, August 21, 2014 (UTC)
- Hello! I am extremely sorry for my late response; college has taken the little time I had and, as the enthusiasm for the movie dimmed, I decided to return as soon as the sequel production started. I'm sure Faern is taking good care of the wiki and helped you out with everything you needed.
- I'll be around more often, if you need any help. Good luck!
Hello, this film was Great,i think that Avatar 2 comes soon in the Cinema.
Matias please listenEdit
Thanks for reading this. Did you create/manage the Twitter account for the Terra Nova Wiki? That account is invaluable for our attempt to keep the Wiki's community alive. So, I could really use your help. BastionMonk (talk) 22:00, August 11, 2015 (UTC)
- I'm afraid I no longer have access to that account. I've tried a few possible passwords but, since I created it three years ago and the show was cancelled, I no longer recall it. You can try creating a new one or contacting Twitter if there's anything else I can do. --((((Matias)))) ~ Talk IRC 05:02, August 14, 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for responding. It is very important to the wiki that we reactive this account. If I create a new Twitter account for the wiki, NO-ONE will follow it because the show is death. Could you please check your mail boxes to see what email adress you used to manage the Twitter account. Then you could request a new password. Please. BastionMonk (talk) 08:45, August 21, 2015 (UTC)
Hello Matias I hope you are well, with really in these past few weeks I have contributed enough in the Spanish wiki, and I want to be administrator to be able to delete some pages and rename multiple images also, also to remove some redirects of pages and other things. Well I hope your answer greetings -- Frio123 17:05, August 27, 2015 (UTC)
- Sorry for the late response, real life got in the way :P I've sent you a meesage in the Spanish wiki. --((((Matias)))) ~ Talk IRC 17:05, January 21, 2016 (UTC)
Terra Nova twitterEdit
I would really appriciate it if you could figure out what email you used for the Terra Nova twitter account. Then you could request a new password. It would be good for the fan community if at least one social media account is active. BastionMonk (talk) 09:00, December 16, 2015 (UTC)
- Happy New Year Matias. Could you please try again to figure out what email you used to make Terra Nova's twitter account? Then we could request a new password. I really need access to that account. BastionMonk (talk) 09:28, January 9, 2016 (UTC)
Hi Matias. Any chance I could be promoted to Admin, or some other level thereof? We only really have one active admin outside of yourself anymore (Faern), as the others all went inactive around 2012-2014. At the moment I just pester Faern whenever something needs deleting or an IP needs blocking, would be handy to be able to do those things myself. Thanks! --Cadellin (talk) 22:50, January 23, 2016 (UTC)
- Cadellin has my vote. He more or less kept the wiki up-to-date all by himself for the last year. He added quite a number of articles and is a very nice tawtute. :) Faern. 3D-HD-Pics 23:55, January 23, 2016 (UTC)
Without a doubt, out of any of the non-admins members, you are the greatest asset to the Wiki while things run slow. You are more than qualified for the position and it'd be an honor to have you in the team.
Administrators are trusted users who have access to restricted technical features which help the maintenance. Please read the following pages in order to make your work easier and to keep it in the same tune with the Wiki's:
- User Rights, abilities, duties and role of conduct of an administrator.
- Blocking Policy
- Manual of Style
Thought that I should leave a sort of acknowledgement reply to Matias' message in my talk page as I've been just checking the site every now and then and not doing anything here for a way too long time. Anyways, it's good to know that the wiki has had active people even after things seemed to slow down.
- Where is our IRC channel? I didn't even know we had one. I'd be happy to join it. --Cadellin (talk) 17:04, January 27, 2016 (UTC)
Hey hey, been a while. I figured I'd lose adminship eventually. I plan on becoming more active when Avatar 2 approaches release. Been so long I forgot how to use my signature :/ JayBO